"Friendly" animal feeds.

Following on from another thread, I just wondered what everyones feelings were on the following.

Organic pet food

Non-animal tested pet food

Enviromentally friendly pet food (i.e. packaging, transport etc)

Free from additives and perservatives.

Do you buy them?

Do you know they exist?

Would you buy them if they were easily available?

Where would/do you buy them from? (e.g. Large pet shop, online with delivery, local pet shop, vets etc)

This is just an initial thought about something me and my partner have been talking about.

Thanks in advance :)

Enviromentally friendly pet food (i.e. packaging, transport etc)

Something that I try to take into account with pretty much everything I buy.

I try to buy organic, environmentally friendly, additive-free wherever possible. Anything choca with e-numbers and the like sends the dobermutt hyper and I'm also squeamish about serving the cats anything containing rabbit, having been the owner of several bunnies over the years.

i feed both my dogs raw food

breast of lamb

lamb neck

chicken wings

whole rabbits

then fresh raw fruit and veg

Yep, I use all four.

Do you order them all online then?

i feed both my dogs raw food

breast of lamb

lamb neck

chicken wings

whole rabbits

then fresh raw fruit and veg

do u feed raw food everyday are once a week. can i ask why u feed raw food.

Do you order them all online then?

Burns I do (free fast deliver, not many local stockists and the one we do have charges more than it costs to order direct).

Applaws we get from the little pet shop on West Street, very reasonably priced- it;s a little gem, that place.

Nature Diet/ Natures menu we get from Pets at Home but just noticed Jolleyes sell if cheaper so will go theire next month.

Arden Grange we get from Waitrose- it's quite reasonably priced plus if youre lucky, every so often the cat an dog mags have a money off voucher you can redeem against the cost of a sack.

I've just ordered a selection of small bags of Burns cat and dog to try my lot on- I'll decide whether to make the change from James Wellbeloved when they've had a chance to try it out. If they all like it (and nutritionally and financially there's no difference) then I'd rather feed them something that is from a company that doesn't participate in that sort of animal testing. The only place I could buy the little tester packs was from Burns direct though.