Spiders and hoovers - is it murder?

I'm bored and almost sucked every spider up in this damn house, need new targets... anyone for cats?

Haha ahh Cloudybay you have just won yourself the Stormy award for cleverest joke :D

Haha ahh Cloudybay you have just won yourself the Stormy award for cleverest joke :D

Many fangs..........I aim to please.............I usually miss though........:D

I get my housemate to catch them! I managed to get one under a mug the other day but he had to do the rest. I consider that progress :)

Is spider season over yet?

I't bad also when spiders get inside your BBQ grill , they can also set of your smoke detectors.

I't bad also when spiders get inside your BBQ grill , they can also set of your smoke detectors.

Flame grilled spiders, yum!! I didn't know spiders smoked? :hihi:

Flame grilled spiders, yum!! I didn't know spiders smoked? :hihi:

No they'll get inside the tube under the grill and clog it, it's the wasps that get inside, you can just torch them.

Wrong thread grahame. Try here..........http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=266296

That is truly wicked and witty! I'm so jealous, I feel like putting a large glass over you, sliding a postcard underneath and chucking you out of the Forum :hihi:

Which is my usual method with spiders - as long as they have the good sense to position themselves somewhere flat. I'm afraid if it's on a curved bit of the bath, they just get washed down the plug hole, because I simply couldn't cope if they escaped from under the glass.

I'm more of the squish n flush school of spider disposal but I did once have an interesting afternoon with a wasps nest near the gas fire flue. Each time a wasp flew down the flue and out from under the fire it met my Dyson and went on a dual cyclone adventure - after a while there were dozens of dead wabbies rattling round the cylinder :hihi::hihi:

I'm more of the squish n flush school of spider disposal but I did once have an interesting afternoon with a wasps nest near the gas fire flue. Each time a wasp flew down the flue and out from under the fire it met my Dyson and went on a dual cyclone adventure - after a while there were dozens of dead wabbies rattling round the cylinder :hihi::hihi:

rofl at the vision of the wasps poking their heads out from behind the fire, and getting "dysoned":-

Whizz! Spin! Suck! Bam! Gone! lol

I have encountered some rather weighty spiders of late in Chez Slick. I can't do the whole glass and paper trick. I can't bring myself to whack 'em with a magazine, i get afraid it might take it off me and whack me back. I can't seem to hynotise them into leaving of their own accord (Look into my eyes, look into my eyes- and you're back).........so, I'm afraid I get out the hoover and attachment and whoosh! THey have a fighting chance of eating dust and then escaping the wheelie bin don't they?

Are you a whacker, a sucker, or a catcher?

Whacking, for me. You can't beat a good old whack. I love it when the spiders come out so I can whack myself senseless.

In fact, I can see a hairy one now - come to daddy, my lovely...

WHACK!!!

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Mind you, every now and then, a good suck (with the Dyson - you can watch the little hairies spinning around!) is always good for a change.

Whacking, for me. You can't beat a good old whack. I love it when the spiders come out so I can whack myself senseless.

In fact, I can see a hairy one now - come to daddy, my lovely...

WHACK!!!

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Mind you, every now and then, a good suck (with the Dyson - you can watch the little hairies spinning around!) is always good for a change.

Maybe we should have a Whacking Day (I know the Simpsons were whacking snakes but we only have spiders so they'll have to do) :hihi: