Sixteen year old boy shot dead in Burngreave park.

Police hope to make an arrest shortly, following new leads.

According to radio Sheffield.

I wouldn't be surprised, the whole thing (including earlier shots elsewhere in Burngreave) seems very blatant and public. The fact that whoever did it doesn't seem that bothered about being caught is in itself quite worrying.

Did anyone see This Week on BBC1 last night after Question Time. I only caught a little bit of it where they had Lib Dem leadership contender and Environment spokesman Chris Huhne on as a guest. The host was Andrew Neill and the regular panellists were Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo.

Neill asked Chris Huhne what his most significant moment of the week was, and Huhne replied that it was the shooting of "six year old Jonathan Motondo in Sheffield". He then went on to say that this was another shocking child shooting after Rhys Jones in Liverpool.

What was shocking to me wasn't just that Huhne hadn't even bothered to do basic research on the issue (how is that leadership material?), but also that neither the host Neill or Abbott or Portillo corrected him.

It doesn't need research for a politician to go spouting, unfortunately... Most politicians are happy to spout any drivel, however innacurate, just so long as they can get their face on the telly.

I do wish the police "godspeed" in finding the killer.

Not that I think its anything other than a tragedy but it looks to me like hes carrying a massive knife in the picture of him in the star online, hardly the look of a church goer!!!!

sorry can't post a link but look under the headline "TEEN SHOOTING: Tributes pour in for 'MC Venemous'"

http://editorial.jpress.co.uk/web/Upload/SHEF//TH1_1910200732MC_Venemous.jpg

Anyone who gives himself a "street name" of "Venomous" doesn't sound much like a churchgoing shrinking violet.

Well. It looks like 'The general' (arf) has finally got his comeuppance.

If you're going to put yourself up as some kind of gangster figure, then you have to be prepared to face the consequences.

Hopefully some of his 'cadets' will learn that guns and drugs aren't a silly little game and something good will come out of it.

Not that I think its anything other than a tragedy but it looks to me like hes carrying a massive knife in the picture of him in the star online, hardly the look of a church goer!!!!

That does look like a very big knife.

Well. It looks like 'The general' (arf) has finally got his comeuppance.

If you're going to put yourself up as some kind of gangster figure, then you have to be prepared to face the consequences.

Hopefully some of his 'cadets' will learn that guns and drugs aren't a silly little game and something good will come out of it.

:clap:

Spot on!!!!!

this guys already mugged a couple of people i know!!! dont be fooled by the media making him out to be "oh so good"

so you KNOW for sure this guy is a mugger? was he arrested or charged? or is it hearsay on your part.

so you KNOW for sure this guy is a mugger? was he arrested or charged? or is is hearsay on your part.

I don't anything for sure but the lad went to the same school as my daughter and she said he was expelled last year, something to do with a knife.....

He still didn't deserve to be shot though.

no i agree, no-one deserves to be shot/killed

but then on the other hand.

play with fire and you get burned

no i agree, no-one deserves to be shot/killed

but then on the other hand.

play with fire and you get burned

Absolutely.