Has anyone ever used the pc doctor

as the title says , has anyone ever used the pc doctor advertised in the star. i had him to repair a problem i had but i was worried he took all my spyware off and antivirus as he said i had too much on , but he left me with none . he kept putting those memory stick things into my computer and then into his laptop . just a bit worried thats all could you tell me if that sounds right to you .....

Basically he was saying that your pc was full of spyware and thats what was causing the problem.

What he has done is to use the memory stick to run spyware removal software - however, he shouldnt have removed all your antivirus software.....

Sounds like he may have used to work for pcworld in the store itself (when you take a pc there for its annual "health check" thats exactly what they do)

Dont worry too much, just get some more AV software on it.

he just left me with nothing on so i put avg on , could he have taken any information/history from my computer with the sticks to put on to his i know this sounds silly but you never know

He *could* have taken info on a memory stick, yes. But so could any repair shop when you take it for repair.

Of the technicians I've known, the first thing they do with someone's PC is to search for their music and smut collection. It's 5 points for images, 10 for videos and 50 points for the owner's missus!

Of the technicians I've known, the first thing they do with someone's PC is to search for their music and smut collection. It's 5 points for images, 10 for videos and 50 points for the owner's missus!

Lol!

I don't doubt it for a second, but first I've heard of people scoring their finds! :hihi:

i,m a boring old lady he wont have got any points off me then ;)

i,m a boring old lady he wont have got any points off me then ;)

:hihi:

Seriously, while he could have taken stuff that could be a security risk, I'd be very suprised if he did. *some* tech guys will have a look about, but mostly for a bit of amusement rather than any nefarious purpose.