House Prices

My view for what it's worth - just about to complete on buying a property in central Sheffield. Managed to agree sale at around 5% below original asking price, plus a further hefty allowance for some building work that showed up in the survey.

Throughout the negotiation felt in a very strong position given how the market is changing so feel like I got a good deal and somewhat protected if house prices do fall over next few years.

Am I worried? Given that I'm planning on living there for the next decade (touch wood) and the mortgage repayments are well within what I can afford - No. However, you'd have to be a brave (or very canny) buyer to try to make a profit from property at the moment

ps HIPS ARE NOT A SURVEY - THE CONDITION OF YOUR HOUSE IS NOT AN ISSUE, IT IS A SIMPLE INFORMATION PACK PLUS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE ESTATE AGENTS WHO ARE CHARGING £495 PLUS VAT - I AM SELLING ONE OF OUR RENTAL HOUSES AND HAVE HAD THE HIPS DONE FOR £260 WITH NO VAT!!! DO NOT BE SCARED OF HIPS!! YOU NEED TO HAVE MADE PLANS TO HAVE ONE DONE BEFORE YOU SELL !

donoghue, please don't post all in capitals. Its classed as shouting in forumspeak. Thanks.

My view for what it's worth - just about to complete on buying a property in central Sheffield. Managed to agree sale at around 5% below original asking price, plus a further hefty allowance for some building work that showed up in the survey.

Throughout the negotiation felt in a very strong position given how the market is changing so feel like I got a good deal and somewhat protected if house prices do fall over next few years.

Am I worried? Given that I'm planning on living there for the next decade (touch wood) and the mortgage repayments are well within what I can afford - No. However, you'd have to be a brave (or very canny) buyer to try to make a profit from property at the moment

If you are in it for the long term you have nothing to worry about. Over a long term period the value of the home will increase. Shorter term its likely to be static. If you can afford the repayments there is no worries.

If you are in it for the long term you have nothing to worry about. Over a long term period the value of the home will increase. Shorter term its likely to be static. If you can afford the repayments there is no worries.

As you said on another thread on the forum.....

"I work with most of the major housing developers in the UK"

So people on here need to take this into account when they read your 'opinions'.

donoghue, please don't post all in capitals. Its classed as shouting in forumspeak. Thanks.

Who cares ? I like shouting

Who cares ? I like shouting

Everyone cares, and if you continue then your posts will be removed.

Everyone cares...

Now you know that's not strictly true, don't you?

Well, okay, lots of people care.

OK but I dont.

OK but I dont.

That doesn't matter though. Enough people do, so you're not allowed to do it. :D

That doesn't matter though. Enough people do, so you're not allowed to do it. :D

Yes, but I dont care what you think:gag:

That's okay, I didn't think you did. I'm just happy that you're not shouting any more :P