House Prices

That's okay, I didn't think you did. I'm just happy that you're not shouting any more :P

I may shout at a later date but I will let you know before hand.

As you said on another thread on the forum.....

"I work with most of the major housing developers in the UK"

So people on here need to take this into account when they read your 'opinions'.

Working as their consulting engineer as it happens. So my opinions ought to be my own not theirs. I just happen to have an insight as to what is really happening in the world of residential property building.

Working as their consulting engineer as it happens. So my opinions ought to be my own not theirs. I just happen to have an insight as to what is really happening in the world of residential property building.

If you think the developers keep their engineers etc in the loop as to what is happening with their finances, please read this article about an architects firm that was sunk by being owed 500k by a developer.

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/dailynews/2008/01/firm_sunk_by_credit_crunch.html

I hope you are getting paid up front.

I hear residential property building is at a 4 year low.

you'd have though with all that high demand and low supply, those builders would be throwing them up, and wouldnt be able to sel them fast enough

If you think the developers keep their engineers etc in the loop as to what is happening with their finances, please read this article about an architects firm that was sunk by being owed 500k by a developer.

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/dailynews/2008/01/firm_sunk_by_credit_crunch.html

I hope you are getting paid up front.

We get our accounts paid on a monthly basis to avoid being owed money and have a good working relationship with all of our clients to ensure monies owed are paid. We dont work unpaid as thewy did. If an account isnt paid work stops on the job.

I hear residential property building is at a 4 year low.

you'd have though with all that high demand and low supply, those builders would be throwing them up, and wouldnt be able to sel them fast enough

They are building lots of homes. Have you not noticed the amount of new sites springing up around south yorkshire.

Sheffield in general is seeing a rise in the amount of building of residential properties. Take a look at Manor, Handsworth, Darnall, Foxhill, Shiregreen, Ecclesfield, Gleadless, i could go on. These are just the bigger sites. There are lots of smaller sites in areas such as Ranmoor, Fulwood, Nether Edge.

There are lots of smaller sites in areas such as Ranmoor, Fulwood, Nether Edge.

I live in Ranmoor - could you tell me the sites in Ranmoor and Fulwood where they are building family homes.

And Nether Edge for that matter.

I can only see flats being built.

I live in Ranmoor - could you tell me the sites in Ranmoor and Fulwood where they are building family homes.

And Nether Edge for that matter.

I can only see flats being built.

Endcliffe Hall Road (pair of semis) Crescent Road (detached family residence) There are many more mainly people selling off their gardens to cash in on the land values. Totley Brook Road is another and Queen Victoria Road. Everyone is at it maybe you should give it a go.

well done Phylis, it only took you 3 days to find ALL those developments. And 2 of them are in Totley. You must have been driving round all weekend.

I don't go in for concreting over gardens. I think it is a disgrace that they are counted as brownfield sites.

well done Phylis, it only took you 3 days to find ALL those developments. And 2 of them are in Totley. You must have been driving round all weekend.

I don't go in for concreting over gardens. I think it is a disgrace that they are counted as brownfield sites.

Er no i sat at my desk for a minute and looked at the jobs sat there waiting to be started. If you hadnt noticed i dont post at the weekend. i have a life. Posting on here is a weekday dinner time habit. I could list you many more how many do you want.

Without wanting to kick it off again between Phylis and Sham (however it is most interesting reading your views), I think the house prices in Yorkshire might have gone up this month according to Rightmove. Apologies if I am not reading this right though cause i know you guys know much more about stuff, but for home owners like myself, this is a good thing right?

Without wanting to kick it off again between Phylis and Sham (however it is most interesting reading your views), I think the house prices in Yorkshire might have gone up this month according to Rightmove. Apologies if I am not reading this right though cause i know you guys know much more about stuff, but for home owners like myself, this is a good thing right?

I had read this myself only not mentioned it just yet. I was saving it for all the pesamists on here who were saying its all doom and gloom this year.