House Prices

I guess those that can't discuss, moderate eh?

You see what I mean?

You see what I mean?

Not really, no.

I'm not sure if it is what I am saying or how I am saying it that is giving cause for complaint.

For that matter, I can't really remember anyone on this thread complaining about me.

And I think that Phylis gives as good as she gets.

Perhaps you need to have a good look at yourself, Tony. From what you have said on this thread, it is obvious which side of the argument you are on. It is also obvious you have some (however small) vested interest in the property market. Both these points are fine with me.

But when you use your 'position of power' on this forum to deliver a 'naughty school boy telling off', it would sound better coming from someone who had behaved impartially. Especially when it was aimed totally at me and not at Phylis at all.

Phylis - if I have offended you, I apologise.

Anyway, I'll take my leave from this thread now - at least I managed to help people understand what a CDS was. As someone said, only time will tell what happens to house prices.

Awwwww, Sham and Phylis banter was what made this thread all the more enjoyable. I am clearly hoping Phylis is right as I am currently trying to sell my flat, but I respect Sham's views (even if I hope he is utterly wrong).

Dont leave us Sham :)

It's the argumentative sniping tone that is doing it sham.

Stick to talking about the prices of houses and everyone will be happy.

Comments like this

Originally Posted by sham71 View Post

I guess those that can't discuss, moderate eh?

Are just going to wind people up and contribute nothing to the topic.

Its on More 4 tonight. I would recommend watching it.

Thanks, I recorded it!

Not really, no.

I'm not sure if it is what I am saying or how I am saying it that is giving cause for complaint.

For that matter, I can't really remember anyone on this thread complaining about me.

And I think that Phylis gives as good as she gets.

Perhaps you need to have a good look at yourself, Tony. From what you have said on this thread, it is obvious which side of the argument you are on. It is also obvious you have some (however small) vested interest in the property market. Both these points are fine with me.

But when you use your 'position of power' on this forum to deliver a 'naughty school boy telling off', it would sound better coming from someone who had behaved impartially. Especially when it was aimed totally at me and not at Phylis at all.

Phylis - if I have offended you, I apologise.

Anyway, I'll take my leave from this thread now - at least I managed to help people understand what a CDS was. As someone said, only time will tell what happens to house prices.

Takes more than the likes of you to offend me Sham. Maybe you use the wrong tone of voice!

Is this the start of a price correction then or a full blow crash or nothing at all? Halifax have said there was a 2.5% fall in house prices last month. The biggest since 1992.

I am still hoping there isn't going to be a massive fall in prices, we bought at the beginning of last year. So if a crash starts now we would have bought just before the very top of the peak, :(

Is this the start of a price correction then or a full blow crash or nothing at all? Halifax have said there was a 2.5% fall in house prices last month. The biggest since 1992.

I am still hoping there isn't going to be a massive fall in prices, we bought at the beginning of last year. So if a crash starts now we would have bought just before the very top of the peak, :(

This is an average for the whole country. If you take a closer look at the figures used you will see there are huge variations between areas.