Why are extremist atheists tolerated?

And that is where you are going wrong John, Jesus Christ gives meaning to your life. :)

If anything, life is about realising that we are all different manifestations of the same energy force. This is not a religious statement...although it can certainly feel extremely spritual when you experience it through mind bending drugs.

I think that the traditional idea of god just doesnt work. However, i'm starting to realise that i actually do believe that there is a kind of 'collective conscious' throughout the universe...i.e that this vibrating energy we are all part of has some kind of internal conciousness, and that we are experiencing this subjectively, on a day to day basis...

this force has evolved through the years, along with all matter, and it is simply a natural development of the relationship between all things.

In other words, the machine has developed its own conciousness, but for no other reason than as a consequence of the increasing complexity of universal systems.

The trouble with that venom is that people seem to respect the hard men. The type of guy who will take someone out into the pub car park and teach him a lesson. That bully or thug has respect, the person who pops into their neighbours house to see if they are alright doesn't have the same respect.

Not all respect "hard men" but i tend not to respect someone telling me their god has existance and meaning in my life

but seeing as you need both the bible AND a life coach to live a good life, making an informed decision must be a grind for you

I don't think a christian would willingly break the ten commandments, I know I wouldn't and if it was premeditated that is even worse and for someone to plan going to war shall we say for example, well that is just not an option for a Christian.

but in the link provided on this thread earlier a christian DID premeditatedly kill another person he believes himself still a christian and probably more devout than you!

If anything, life is about realising that we are all different manifestations of the same energy force. This is not a religious statement...although it can certainly feel extremely spritual when you experience it through mind bending drugs.

I think that the traditional idea of god just doesnt work. However, i'm starting to realise that i actually do believe that there is a kind of 'collective conscious' throughout the universe...i.e that this vibrating energy we are all part of has some kind of internal conciousness, and that we are experiencing this subjectively, on a day to day basis...

this force has evolved through the years, along with all matter, and it is simply a natural development of the relationship between all things.

In other words, the machine has developed its own conciousness, but for no other reason than as a consequence of the increasing complexity of universal systems.

Your opinion John, and a load of rubbish.

Not all respect "hard men" but i tend not to respect someone telling me their god has existance and meaning in my life

but seeing as you need both the bible AND a life coach to live a good life, making an informed decision must be a grind for you

Not me pal, it's you who needs the help.

but in the link provided on this thread earlier a christian DID premeditatedly kill another person he believes himself still a christian and probably more devout than you!

Matthew chapter 7

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Verse 22-23 say that good works do not save us. That guy was a murderer and obviously doesn't know the teaching of Jesus Christ. He has a shock waiting for him.

So if it is my personally held view that I believe anal sex can cause disease, and if I believe children are best brought up by a mum and dad, and if I think children should be taught right from wrong and given values, then I am a bigot for holding those views. Bear in mind that millions of other people subscribe to these views as well, meaning that in your eyes most of the population are bigots.

Any sort of sex can cause disease, not just anal sex. You are perfectly entitled to your belief that children are best brought up by a mum and dad, but it's bigoted to suggest that a gay couple can't do just as good a job, or that they are not just as capable of teaching their children right from wrong or giving them values. The thing that really bothers you is that their "right and wrong" and their "values" will differ from yours.

And I don't think that "most of the population are bigots", because I haven't heard the views of most of the population - some will be bigoted, some will be able to agree to disagree without throwing about terms like "pervert" and insisting only they can possibly be right, and others will agree with my point of view.

Just because you are incapable of judging people as individuals, and on their individual merits, regardless of whether they agree with you or not, it doesn't mean that everybody else is the same.

Any sort of sex can cause disease, not just anal sex. You are perfectly entitled to your belief that children are best brought up by a mum and dad, but it's bigoted to suggest that a gay couple can't do just as good a job, or that they are not just as capable of teaching their children right from wrong or giving them values. The thing that really bothers you is that their "right and wrong" and their "values" will differ from yours.

And I don't think that "most of the population are bigots", because I haven't heard the views of most of the population - some will be bigoted, some will be able to agree to disagree without throwing about terms like "pervert" and insisting only they can possibly be right, and others will agree with my point of view.

Just because you are incapable of judging people as individuals, and on their individual merits, regardless of whether they agree with you or not, it doesn't mean that everybody else is the same.

How many times do I have to say this. Firstly I am not judging people, secondly I wouldn't presume to, thirdly all human beings are beautiful in their own right and all are equal in the sight of God.

I do not see how you can disagree with that and if you can't then that means we are agreed. We are also agreed on our dislike of suicide bombers and people that do harm, do you agree?

Please learn to differentiate between "people" and their "actions" some of which can be quite despicable.

I will say it again, people are fine but some of the things they do are not so great. You must agree with that, in fact that is what you have just said.

Matthew chapter 7

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Verse 22-23 say that good works do not save us. That guy was a murderer and obviously doesn't know the teaching of Jesus Christ. He has a shock waiting for him.

Again quoting a work of fiction you dont have words of your own

Your opinion John, and a load of rubbish.

As are yours on religion

Not me pal, it's you who needs the help.

i dont have to rely on someone else to tell me right from wrong i use my own common sence to do that not flawed writings

[MOD NOTE] As this has got (even more) circular and degenerated into name calling and bitching consider it closed for a cooling off period