Why are extremist atheists tolerated?

Well these people believe in nothing, you cant be an extream believer in nothing can you

The most dangerous countries are those run by religion.

And those that try to stamp religion out.

Atheism is not a lack of beliefs. Atheists deny the existence of any deities; this is still a belief. Agnosticism is the only logically sensible position given the impossibility of proving things either way.

Yes, I'm an agnostic of the idea that the Universe is the creation of a giant paisley Blamange frog called Zod, because nobody can ever proove it's not true.

We are a Christian country, so naturally we have the heart to tolerate other religions, but it seems nowadays that atheists can criticize other faiths and label themselves superior and not get in trouble for it, we don't tolerate extremist Muslims for example, in recent times we have tolerated atheism and freedom of speech but do you think there should be laws put in place to limit this sort of dillusional nastiness by people who think that there brain is better and their opinions are absolute facts just because they don't believe in God?

Considering that for centuries, 'witches', heretics and atheists were burned, imprisoned and tortured, maybe - if anyone - it's the people who advocate a return to religious repression who should have their rights to free speech curtailed.

Yes, I'm an agnostic of the idea that the Universe is the creation of a giant paisley Blamange frog called Zod, because nobody can ever proove it's not true.

:hihi: I'm just picturing that...

We are a Christian country, so naturally we have the heart to tolerate other religions, but it seems nowadays that atheists can criticize other faiths and label themselves superior and not get in trouble for it, we don't tolerate extremist Muslims for example, in recent times we have tolerated atheism and freedom of speech but do you think there should be laws put in place to limit this sort of dillusional nastiness by people who think that there brain is better and their opinions are absolute facts just because they don't believe in God?

Ofcourse not, people who don't believe in a god *do* tend to be more intelligent than those who do.

The most dangerous countries are those run by religion.

Thats true and majority of wars have a religious background too.

I am an true atheist but I don't go wrong planting bombs on trains like some other religious fanatics

Just like any other extremists are often tolerated ......

I am a non-believer

Personally,I don't like Jehovah's Witnesses, purley on the basis that they knock on my door explaining their beliefs, if I wanted to hear about it I'd look into it myself ......:(

When I politely say 'No thank you' 'I'm not interested' Why do they carry on talking :suspect:

Very well said. It's madness.

The very thing which religions are accused of, is expressed in the same form, but with different words to describe it.

Sometimes I think to myself that sanity is not overrated.

What about Communism? Marx's theory was that religion would naturally die away when the proletariat were no longer alienated through capitalism and private property. Communist politicians used this against religious people and many atrocities have been commited through enforced Communism.

A Christian calling atheists delusional - how ironic!

What is it specifically that you would like to stop tolerating.

You want to pass a law that says I can't consider myself better than you? Or that I can't say that your religion is stupid?

Just provide a few examples please as I'm not really clear on what behaviour you want to stop.