Why are extremist atheists tolerated?

Because you never see estremist atheists get locked up, but for Muslims for example it's a different story.

Holocaust deniers are 'dis-believers', does that mean they're not extremists?

Because you never see estremist atheists get locked up, but for Muslims for example it's a different story.

Holocaust deniers are 'dis-believers', does that mean they're not extremists?

Well, why don't you quote an instance of an "extremist atheist" who, in your opinion, deserves to be locked up, and has been treated differently from a Muslim?

Plus, I don't see how on earth you can possibly equate holocaust deniers with atheists?? Atheists don't believe in a god, holocaust deniers don't believe the holocaust took place! "Dis-believers" is not a term uniquely applied to the denial of the existence of a god.

That is such a bizarre statement!

Any criminal who has no belief in a higher deity could be said to be an extremist atheist (under your reasoning and comparisons) - however they don't seem to justify their actions by claiming their lack of a god made them do it. Thus the reason why 'extremist atheists' are not reported as being locked up.

The 'extremist Muslims' (as the media reports them) are people who try to justify their atrocius acts by saying that it is part of a holy crusade to commit such crimes - and as far as I am concerned are far from being any kind of true muslim.

I must admit I am looking forward to the next Atheist Crusade / Jihad (we need another name for it) to capture back our non-Holy city from the infidels.

this topic is quite hilarious

what exactly is an extremist atheist??? an atheist that says anyone who follows a religion is a prat? or an atheist that throws a nail bomb in a church. I would say its quite impossible to be an extremist atheist, since an atheist would have to be doing this atrocity because of his beliefs, and since he doesnt have any....

if you mean extremist atheist as in the first one i said, then of course they wont get done for it. because christians, muslims, jews all do that in some way or another. take for instance the nutter in the street shouting his head off about judgement day. surely if you are to get an atheist done for saying a christian is stupid, then he should go down to. If you mean extremist atheist as in the bomber, then he would get tried as a mass murderer, not an atheist.

I must admit I am looking forward to the next Atheist Crusade / Jihad (we need another name for it) to capture back our non-Holy city from the infidels.

Look, we don't want Liverpool back! They can keep it!

muslims have meccah, jews have jerusalem.... atheists can have sheffield!!!

We are a Christian country, so naturally we have the heart to tolerate other religions, but it seems nowadays that atheists can criticize other faiths and label themselves superior and not get in trouble for it, we don't tolerate extremist Muslims for example, in recent times we have tolerated atheism and freedom of speech but do you think there should be laws put in place to limit this sort of dillusional nastiness by people who think that there brain is better and their opinions are absolute facts just because they don't believe in God?

Anyone can criticize anyone. Its perfectly fair to say, a believer of .... is a imbecile or that he think's a politician is a lying drug taking homosexual.

Its freedom of speech.

What type of athiest extremisim do you deem wrong?

Agnosticism rocks, you can't prove God exists or not for sure so why go to either extreme? I do try and get into religion but sometimes it confuses me totally, guess I am more spiritual than religious...:hihi::love:

Good for you.

Atheism is not a lack of beliefs. Atheists deny the existence of any deities; this is still a belief. Agnosticism is the only logically sensible position given the impossibility of proving things either way.

An extremist atheist would be someone who incites violence or hatred against those with religious beliefs. This is pretty much unheard of, thus there is nothing to take a stand against.

The most dangerous countries are those run by religion.