How do you use a cash register?

help!

does anyone know the BASICS how to use a cash till? started work and i may be put on the till. i'm a complete dummy. i don't know ANYTHING. what do you press first, second and third?

watched and asked me boss but i'm so behind i need help of sheff forum!

thanks

:)

Firstly you type in the price of what the customer is buying, let's say for example you were in GAME and I bought a game for £39.99, you'd type in 39.99 and press the sale button, I'd give you my card and you'd run it through the chip and pin machine whereby I'd type my pin number. When it accepts the pin, I remove my card and when the payment goes through on the cash register you press the button that generates the reciept, and Bob's your second cousin twice removed! :D

Hope that helps, I used to be in shop work myself years ago.

All tills are different, depends n the make/model!

If you`re in doubt, just ask someone to show you again!

help!

does anyone know the BASICS how to use a cash till? started work and i may be put on the till. i'm a complete dummy. i don't know ANYTHING. what do you press first, second and third?

watched and asked me boss but i'm so behind i need help of sheff forum!

thanks

their all differant hun, dont be afraid to ask is my best advice. :)

when i worked for lidl you had to

A - put a password thats individual to the cashier of that day into the till first,

B - then you scan items or enter a code or a price,

C - then sub total,

D - when they hand over the money you put that number into the till and press cash the till should open and you give them any change they are due and the receipt,

E - if they are paying by a card, thats if the shop accepts them there should be a button saying card, you press that and instruct the customer to place the card in the machine and follow the instructions then the till will open when the transaction is complete the give the customer the receipt and the customer copy of the card transaction and you put the other bit in the till.

simple really :roll::hihi:

good luck hun but like i said all makes are differant so dont be afraid to ask and dont worry it took me ages to work all the codes and buttons and stuff out :(

yes they are all different. there is no way they will put you on the till and not tell you how to use it!

I could not tell you how to use one, but I just wish my wife did not visit them so much, I am trying my best to save money, she does the complete opposite.

Firstly you type in the price of what the customer is buying, let's say for example you were in GAME and I bought a game for £39.99, you'd type in 39.99 and press the sale button, I'd give you my card and you'd run it through the chip and pin machine whereby I'd type my pin number. When it accepts the pin, I remove my card and when the payment goes through on the cash register you press the button that generates the reciept, and Bob's your second cousin twice removed! :D

Hope that helps, I used to be in shop work myself years ago.

Thanks Rich!

I am going to make some notes based on that...that's how behind I am!

ta

:thumbsup:

D - when they hand over the money you put that number into the till and press cash the till should open and you give them any change they are due and the receipt..........

thanks!

this is the crucial bit! we don't scan, so it's the order of events that i am making notes on. i'm sure it'll be fine after a bit of practice but i am trying to avoid practicing on unwitting customers!

ta

I could not tell you how to use one, but I just wish my wife did not visit them so much, I am trying my best to save money, she does the complete opposite.

send her to me; i wont have a clue how to take her money!

:thumbsup: