Gothic weekend in whitby

has anyone been to the gothic weekend in whitby?

what goes on down there for it and does it get packed?

have never been but would love to but just wondering what is down there thanks:)

even tho ive lived near whitby now since about 1993, ive never been, just never get it together.

as i see it the goths have a laugh shopping and drinking, meeting each other round the town, then theres bands on on a friday / saturday night i think, and aball on sunday?? someat like that.

theres quite lot go these days, i think they fill the small pubs like the elsinore, dunno about the bigger places tho tbh

Never been but it sounds good. The perfect place for it!

I was a goth in my crimped youth.

i did go to the one and only dracfest in 1997 tho

that was awesome,we were going to camp but met us mate there so he brought us home in the back of his open back pick up every night :D

saw

Damned, alien sex fiend, christian death, 13 candles, diet of worms, friends of dorothy, hawkwind, crazy world of arthur brown, lena lovich, cathedral, the rye, stranglers, malice cooper, terrible things

and yes arthur brown did come onstage stood on a coffin with his head on FIIIIRE

it gets pretty busy - lots of related stuff on the web - do a google.

Thanks for replies.

how lucky you are living near whitby i only wish.

yeah it does sound good and is the perfect place.will have to look out for the smaller pubs then if i manage to go.

crimpers lol i had them too i think they are back in fashion now i have seen them on the shelves of shops.not seen much crimped hair about though:hihi:

Its not just goths its a chance to dress up and be differnt, lots of vampire costumes, victorian and other dress from history. Lots of fun and some great bargains to be had. Going again this year last year dressed as a old sea captain.

http://www.sheffieldbikers.co.uk/download.php?id=5819

http://www.sheffieldbikers.co.uk/download.php?id=5820

Crimpers lol i had them too i think they are back in fashion now i have seen them on the shelves of shops.not seen much crimped hair about though:hihi:

Yes, they use them more for straightening nowadays i think. We used to crimp the hell out of it and use a full can of hairspray! The deadest hair ever.

lots of goth stuff for Halloween at Tramline Fashions on Middlewood rd just up from Nat West Bank on opposite side

Goth top hats,wigs, goth bustier and velvet skirts load of other things too

I got my Halloween costume sorted

lots of goth stuff for Halloween at Tramline Fashions on Middlewood rd just up from Nat West Bank on opposite side

Goth top hats,wigs, goth bustier and velvet skirts load of other things too

I got my Halloween costume sorted

by the way dragon32 why you named after a crap computer?

the speccy was loads better :P