What Happened to Vernon Nash

Hi Vern, this is John Lee the drummer. Just wondering how you were,what you have been up to. Drop me a line, stay cool. John

I'm one of Vernon's 'Blasts from the past'. I'm Derrek Leigh & palled around with Vernon in our teenage Gleadless years, spending many hours round his dad's piano. smoking 'Capstan full strength!'

He introduced me to ice cream selling in Clumber Park & later got me lifts home after some Grease Band gigs in the band's van. I knew Pauline & Gres Earp too from those days, but doubt if they will remember me now. I could write a book on those times - Happy days! Would love to do catch-up with anyone interested? Please e-mail me at derrekleigh@talktalk.net

Oh yes. How sad. R.I.P. Joe

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 11:24 ----------

nice to hr

from you grez. will be in touch to give more details

e

Hi Vernon,

Hope this reaches you. Would be great to do catch up after all these years, since we palled around together as teenagers in Gleadless. Please contact me at derrekleigh@talktalk.net or through Sheffield Forum. All the best. Derrek

Hi Vern, this is John Lee the drummer. Just wondering how you were,what you have been up to. Drop me a line, stay cool. John

john lee this is me vernon living madrid since19 85 married spanish woman much better than 1st marriage kids now 28 and 26 .. ran english academy since 1986

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 21:59 ----------

i am back from death.. 3 months in hospital unresolved pneumonia..very i big surprise bnterested in hearing fr all friends from distant pastall fiends please contact me big surprise derrek leigh john pearson and john lee plus guy who lusted after my ex wife

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 22:01 ----------

never regretted emigratig have had a1 interesting life

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 22:04 ----------

to all these fiends from distant past best regards

---------- Post added 09-11-2017 at 22:12 ----------

never regretted emigratig have had a1 interesting life not only rok nroll inustral market research 1972 visited every eu country even norway which did did nt join

---------- Post added 10-11-2017 at 18:17 ----------

by the way grez... i got no money fr. sheffield coucil only use of logo started academy without capital. on my travels i have lived in france germany italy spain including tenerife. was in barcelona just after death of franco. riots every day. chased by riot police had 6 pesetas to get thru barrier of metro. kid behind got a proper pasting.

to bloke who lusted after my wife divorced her in 1972.. in 1987 married spanish woman kids now 26 and 28.

---------- Post added 10-11-2017 at 18:32 ----------

so can t wait to hear fr. all and any of you. give me some more surprises

I am Vernon's brother, Nigel. I'm afraid Vernon died on 1st. July in the morning. He had been suffering from COPD for three years and needing oxygen almost continuously towards the end 

I wanted to post something sooner but have only just worked out how to. I remember some of you from half a century ago. I remember being surprised when Gres told me his parents let him drink under age but not smoke. They were wise. Vernon was a heavy smoker living in a polluted city centre.

I hope you are still all alive. It's very sad that the rock  'n' roll  era heydays are fading as more and more group members' lives come to an end.

I'm Vernon's brother, Nigel.  I'm sorry to say that Vernon died in Madrid on 1st. July from COPD? He was 73