Stereophonics new album - any feedback

Quite a good gig, definitely rock orientated. I was sitting which was a nightmare. I see what people mean about Arena gigs; certainly wouldn't do it without standing in the future.

They sounded truly amazing at times - although didnt Kelly look rough without his sunnies; he said it was flu...okay, yes.

Glad I went as they really do sound truly great live, it really does them justice.

I think I am in love with Kelly, although he didn't swear for me.

Ooh no close up he looked gorgeous as ever. :love::love::love:and I'm a little bit in love with Javier as well as he is funny on the blogs. :D

Forgot to say did everyone enjoy The Enemy as well? I am also a little bit in love:love: with Tom as well, he's got a fantastic cocky attitude and if he can write like this now at 21, he'll again be a great songwriter. Even if he did rip off That's entertainment.:hihi:

I enjoyed their set equally and they did the majority of the album. Not quite as good an atmosphere as at Ledders but half the crowd had probably not heard of them. I was bopping away anyway. :D

I don't think people realise how bloomin brilliant they are live. (apart from the time they were hungover a couple of years back)

I too can't wait for Dec. Paid extra booking fee pennies to get my presale tickets. :blush: and i think i know who the support are too. ;)

Having read a lot of reviews from V, a lot of people agreed they were best act of the weekend. Dakota looked brilliant on tv, wish i'd gone this year. :(

I don't think people realise how bloomin brilliant they are live. (apart from the time they were hungover a couple of years back)

I too can't wait for Dec. Paid extra booking fee pennies to get my presale tickets. and i think i know who the support are too.

Having read a lot of reviews from V, a lot of people agreed they were best act of the weekend. Dakota looked brilliant on tv, wish i'd gone this year.

I wish i'd gone too. They did look best act there. They showed newer bands how its done. They looked as good at T in the Park.

Can't wait to see them. I'm goin to four gigs on the tour. Wish I could do more but my bank balance won't allow it. Who do you reckon support are?

Have you heard the new song you're my star. It sound brilliant.

I wish i'd gone too. They did look best act there. They showed newer bands how its done. They looked as good at T in the Park.

Can't wait to see them. I'm goin to four gigs on the tour. Wish I could do more but my bank balance won't allow it. Who do you reckon support are?

Have you heard the new song you're my star. It sound brilliant.

Yeah, but only a dodgy copy on you tube... wow! four dates -my bank balance balked at the one!

I KNOW who the support are. ;) but not sure I can tell yet.

I KNOW who the support are. ;) but not sure I can tell yet.

Ah come on, please, please, please. I'm not immune to begging. Can't you tell in a PM?

Ah come on, please, please, please. I'm not immune to begging. Can't you tell in a PM?

Ha pm sent. Sure it's not big secret news but i like to pretend it is. :hihi:

On 15/10/2007 at 21:11, pippadoll said:

The reviews haven't been too good. Is it worth buying?

Yes, it's definitely worth buying.

Pull The Pin is their best album, followed by Language. Sex. Violence. Other.

I'm listening to a Stereophonics discography from 1997 to 2019 (thank an unexpected global lockdown for that) and you can actually witness the epoch when they went from Indie Indie in their first four albums, to Commercial Indie in the fifth and sixth albums, then disappeared up their own backsides with the seventh, eight and ninth albums, before returning to some semblance of class with the slow ballads of the tenth and eleventh albums.

They have a twelfth album scheduled for release in a couple of months . . . I don't know what to expect.

Stereophonics dicography, and my unscientific rating:

1997 - Word Gets Around     (good)
1999 - Performance And Cocktails     (good)
2001 - Just Enough Education To Perform     (good)
2003 - You Gotta Go There To Come Back     (good)
2005 - Language. Sex. Violence. Other     (great)
2007 - Pull The Pin     (great)
2010 - Keep Calm And Carry On     (dire)
2013 - Graffiti On The Train     (dire)
2015 - Keep The Village Alive     (dire)
2017 - Scream Above The Sounds     (OK)
2019 - Kind    (OK)