Should all kids get Eid off school?

Exactly youve hit on the important word..intergration,when the original influx of immigrants came over here they didnt want to intergrate they set their own little home from homes up in the estates that are now predominantly black,not their fault entirely the government of the time should have stopped all that,but its there and the estates are still non intergrated and there is no sense of the people on these estates wanting to do anything else,this is a major factor of non intergration and it is on both sides,the asians etc dont want to leave their safe secure estates and the whites dont want to enter them,so we have a stand off.Religion has caused more wars than anything else.Im sorry but when I say that western culture and eastern culture are completly different,thats a proven fact and I dont care what silly PC rules and regulations are introduced,its something that will never be solved whilst religion rears its ugly head,you cannot change a lifetime of thoughts and ideas in the way that the PC brigade would like us to think possible,its like introducing a cat into a dogs home it will just never work,we are completly different people,never mind we are all the same under the skin.

Agree to a certain extent, but West Indian blacks HAVE always integrated well in the UK society. I feel the African immigrants will integrate more and more as time goes by. The mixed race population is still rising.

The problem with muslims is not religion but there culture has infiltrated religion and bad practitioners are prominent. Hence a lot of muslims do not even integrate with black people, let alone white. This is a massive problem and i see the divide going greater and greater by the year. Going back to Eid, I feel muslims should go to school during Xmas break or go to a special school, as they do not celebrate it. My best friend went out with a muslim girl. They wanted to get married but unfortunately her parents were dead against it as he was black. (half black / half chinese, in actually fact and would have converted to muslim)

They soon shipped her off to Morrocco. That is the problem with muslim cultural society. There is an under current of racism and sexism that is happily accepted but never challenged. If I was to step in to a Pakistani mosque, I doubt I would be made welcome. That unfortunately is not the teachings of Islam. That is hate and if any muslim would like to challenge me on this aspect please do so.

When a lot of immigrants came from the Indian sub-continent, or from the West Indies in the 50s, they had to take whatever accommodation they could get. Anyone of my age will remember (with horror looking back) the signs that would state, 'no dogs, no coloureds' or similar. People couldn't get a council house if they came from another town, never mind another country. Many of the original immigrants lived in shared, sub-standard private rented housing, but as they were prepared to work hard, lots managed to buy their own properties. After the non-welcome they got from some 'true Brits' is there any wonder some of them stuck together?

Some of the very successful immigrants have integrated perfectly well into middle class areas. The biggest problems tend to arise in areas where there isn't much to go round anyway, with resentment that any of the already limited facilities or services might be shared by 'outsiders'.

Great point also, but a lot of West Indians tried to integrate, compared oppose to a lot of muslims today.

Great point also, but a lot of West Indians tried to integrate, compared oppose to a lot of muslims today.

are muslims a race dj4321gsr because i'm sure you get black ones, white ones and brown ones :hihi:

If its one of the main celebrations then yes they should.

Its like christmas the ethnic minorities do not celebrate it but they get off school

Agree to a certain extent, but West Indian blacks HAVE always integrated well in the UK society. I feel the African immigrants will integrate more and more as time goes by. The mixed race population is still rising.

The problem with muslims is not religion but there culture has infiltrated religion and bad practitioners are prominent. Hence a lot of muslims do not even integrate with black people, let alone white. This is a massive problem and i see the divide going greater and greater by the year. Going back to Eid, I feel muslims should go to school during Xmas break or go to a special school, as they do not celebrate it. My best friend went out with a muslim girl. They wanted to get married but unfortunately her parents were dead against it as he was black. (half black / half chinese, in actually fact and would have converted to muslim)

They soon shipped her off to Morrocco. That is the problem with muslim cultural society. There is an under current of racism and sexism that is happily accepted but never challenged. If I was to step in to a Pakistani mosque, I doubt I would be made welcome. That unfortunately is not the teachings of Islam. That is hate and if any muslim would like to challenge me on this aspect please do so.

Wot do u mean by pakistani mosque? a mosque is a place of worship for any muslim whether he be brown, white or yellow!

And have you ever been to a mosque, for you to say that? I know non muslims who have been to mosque's with the right attitude and respect and they have never been treated badly!!

ehup, Madowl asked what is Eid?

Eid is a Muslim religious festival. There are two Eids in the Lunar calendar ( dont ask me what a Lunar calendar is?) Eid Ul Adha is a 3 day holiday in Muslim countries and the Eid Ul Fitr a one day.

Ramadhan is when you cant get taxis in Sheffield.

Ramadhan is when you cant get taxis in Sheffield.

:hihi:

That'll be every Friday evening then :)

edit - oh and a lunar calendar is one where the beginning of the month starts on the appearance of the new moon (or summat like that)

I'm not even gonna read what everyone has put, all i had to do was read the title and the answer is YES YES YES!

I'm not even gonna read what everyone has put, all i had to do was read the title and the answer is YES YES YES!

Hahaha..you're not under 16 and in full time education are you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many of the original immigrants lived in shared, sub-standard private rented housing, but as they were prepared to work hard, lots managed to buy their own properties

It never fails to amaze me how negative stereotypes are met with howls of derision, yet 'positive' stereotypes (ethnic minorities work hard, gay people know how to party etc), based on equally unfounded notions, are given the nod of approval.

It never fails to amaze me how negative stereotypes are met with howls of derision, yet 'positive' stereotypes (ethnic minorities work hard, gay people know how to party etc), based on equally unfounded notions, are given the nod of approval.

Err... a bit off topic here but Ms Macbeth's point is correct. Some of the post-war immigrants did do very well for themselves without screaming racism like the later generations.

My bold

Gay people know how to party? That's a positive? Don't tell Michel Barrymore that! :lol: