I've lost my mummy's boy

last tuesday i had to have my beloved cat ,put to sleep after 15&1/2 years,he was white and had cancer,i took all the precautions for him,its like a part of me has gone,i have another cat whos 18 yrs old and a dog ,i know they miss him as much as me,he was more than a cat,:(

I'm so sorry to hear that, I have a mummys boy too and I can't even think about loosing him it would be unbearable.

Cuddle your other pets and grieve with them you can all look after each other xx

It's so awful when you have to say goodbye to a loved animal family member. :( And its not helped by people who act like you could never be upset by losing a 'pet'. As difficult as it is try and remember how fantastic the time was you spent together.

That was a good age, but it still hurts when you lose a little one

They are all more than just! and they all have a special place in our hearts

that is so very hard to fill, but take care,and think of the happy times you shared

love to you and your other little ones they will be missing their friend

so give them lots of cuddles, and they will help you to feel better

I really feel for you pauline- my mummy's boy is 14 years old and white too. When we survive a furry soul mate it can be very hard to let them go.

The one thing that you can say is that he had a lovely long life with you and you did your utmost to stop him from suffering as he would have done.

I always said that I never wanted to look back on my animals' lives and say 'they had 14 great years and how ever many crap ones'. We have the power to prevent them from having the crap ones and it is the ultimate act of love for them to let them go when they're ready, rather than holding on until you're ready to let them go.

Ooooh- soppy me getting all emotional. They have this power over our hearts (and our tear ducts).

You gave him a wonderful life and he gave you unconditional love. It's hard to say goodbye, I know, but you will always have the memories and I'm sure you'll continue to catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of your eye for some time to come. RIP little one.

Pauline, I am so sorry to hear you lost your lovely boy. Having a pet pts is such a hard decision to make, but knowing you have acted in your boy's best interests is something that gives a little comfort.

Losing a beloved pet is something we never get hardened to - they are all individual and unique, and very very special. All of us that love our pets know how you are feeling - you're not on your own.

Sending a hug

XXX

Sorry to hear about your cat,:sad: I remember how hurt and sad I was when I lost my 15 year old almost 2 years ago now, in time you will be able to smile again when you think of him and all of his funny little ways, but for now be kind to yourself.

its been almost a month since i lost him,ive stopped putting his dish down now,i miss him like mad ,my dog and other cat and me seem to be spot welded:),its getting easier,many thanks to he people who replied to me,they know he was more than a cat,many thanks,paulinexx

last tuesday 6 th nov,i had to have my little girl pts,shed just had her 19th birthday,i month after losing my mummys boy,we get older and forget our pets get older too,i feel lost,i know their together again and free from pain,i keep telling myself that,it keeps me sane.:(

I am really sorry Pauline, how awful for you to lose them so close together that much hurt so much :sad:

Their lives seem to go by so fast don't they, they were so lucky though to have a wonderful home for all of their lives, and someone who loved them like you have, don't lose sight of that it means everything to an animal....BIG ((HUGS)) for you.

here we go again,my daughters cat,got run over and died on the 16th nov,he was 5 years old and it looks like my dog has a tumour,shes back at vets tomm for an operation,im scared to think it will be good news,is this normal?:(