'Amadeus' at the Crucible

Is anyone else going to see this production? I've booked to see it next month. I'm really looking forward to it, not least because it's been years since I've visited the Crucible (and Sheffield too, for any length of time, come to that).

My boyf is meant to be taking me for a belated birthday present. Really looking forward to it.

am going next month too, can't wait, crucible is such a good venue as well!

My lady friend is adamant she has booked tickets for us for Dec 15 for Amadeus. Which all the publicity says ends on 8 Dec. Am baffled.

My lady friend is adamant she has booked tickets for us for Dec 15 for Amadeus. Which all the publicity says ends on 8 Dec. Am baffled.

The last night is indeed December 8th, a Saturday.

We went to a pre-run performance last week. If you have fond memories of the fabulous production at the Lyceum about 12 years ago, put them aside - this has a very different feel to it. Mozart is excellent. Not so sure about Salieri, disliked the Venticelli, but it is such a great play that it is definitely worth seeing.

I saw it last night and thought Salieri was excellent - it was Mozart who I wasn't sure of (and even more his wife).

It is an amazing play, I thoroughly enjoyed the production and would highly recommend it!

I am going tonight with a few friends, really looking forward to it

We went to a pre-run performance last week. If you have fond memories of the fabulous production at the Lyceum about 12 years ago, put them aside - this has a very different feel to it. Mozart is excellent. Not so sure about Salieri, disliked the Venticelli, but it is such a great play that it is definitely worth seeing.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing this with my soon to be wife about 18 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was at The Crucible then. Never realised it had made another appearance inbetween.

I am going tonight with a few friends, really looking forward to it

Hope you and your friends enjoyed it, wendy. I saw it last night (27th) and was amazed. I'd never seen it before, never seen the film, or indeed, even heard the story. Once again, the Crucible has done us proud with an excellent play, excellently produced.

There was a problem last night with the written system for deaf people (sorry I don't know the proper technical term - it's like the matrix signs on motorways), which conked out really early on. I hope anyone who was relying on it enjoyed and appreciated the play anyway.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing this with my soon to be wife about 18 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was at The Crucible then.

You're right, it has been produced by The Crucible before, in 1986. I have very vivid memories of that production - I think Mozart was played by Steven Pimlott and Salieri was Martin Duncan, both of whom went on to direct memorable shows at the Crucible, and indeed both are very well regarded directors to this day.

EDIT: Well, I'm shocked. Having just written the above, I Googled for info on the two actors/directors I mentioned, and discoverd that Steven Pimlott died this year aged 53. I should add that he directed the single most fantastic show I've ever seen at the Crucible - 'Twelfth Night' in 1987.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's show. It was powerful and moving and on the whole the performances were superb. I got quite emotional during the death scene and I noticed a few other people surreptitiously dabbing at their eyes.

It was a shame the place was half empty, a real pity, although it is drawing to the end of the run so that may explain it.

I thought the central performances were great, especially Sallieri who is on stage for nearly every minute of the play.

I had problems with Constanza. It was decided that she speak broad Yorkshire and I'm afraid her lack of diction meant half of what she said was lost on me.

It was nice to spot a few familier faces from the television and elsewhere, does anyone remember Edmund Blackadder's brother from the original series?