The all things BNP thread.

I have this imagine of BNP folk of townie ********** who drink & smoke, do dodgy deals and talk to their friends about how much they hate the ******* someone or others that should 'go back to where they came from', apparently there are more people like that coming about.

Any idea why the BNP have bought a piece of Croatia ? it seems strange for nationalists to be buying land abroad? I wonder if it is for a holiday destination, will it be called Butlitz?

There's been a lot of speculation about this for the last few months.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/otherparties/story/0,,2132236,00.html

I agree. The problem is when aspects of the politics get into how someone performs their tasks.

For an extreme example, look at the 'Nine O'Clock News' sketch from over 25 years ago involving (I think) Rowan Atkinson and Griff Rhys-Jones, where arrests were made because of "an offensive wife, and wearing a loud shirt in a built up area".

There are people I used to work with on front line in a jobcentre with whom I'd never want to breathe the same air outside of work, let alone have a beer with because of their attitude, let alone beliefs, but who never let that get in the way of actually doing their job.

If you are known to be a member of an 'extreme' party, right or left, it could put the employer in a difficult position.That, however, is a matter for Employment Law, and not our conjecture.

I don't know of anyone sacked for their communist views, apart from say within MI5. Rightly we wouldn't stand for it. So leftwingers smilarly need to be told that harrassment and perssuring of employers to get members of their leftwing group's political adversaries sacked has no place in a democracy. Particularly if the leftwingers don't even work at and are nothing to do with the BNP member's place of work.

And isn't that because the BNP are an out and out racist party with a vast amount of openly racist members whos views are intolerable to the vast amount of the British people who don't vote for you.

-the vast majority??? among whom according to the latest Searchlight article on their website one quarter of londoners have said they are considering voting for the BNP. Taken in terms of white londoners- (although it's not out of the question that no ethnic minorities would conisder voting BNP) that constitutes practically fifty percent of the population. How can you therefore justify persecution of BNP members based on oyur assertion that the BNP views are intolerable to the vast majority of people?

The report went on to discover that as many as a quarter of London voters would consider voting for the BNP, though this is obviously quite different from those who would actually vote for the BNP.

The report went on to discover that as many as a quarter of London voters would consider voting for the BNP, though this is obviously quite different from those who would actually vote for the BNP.

yes, but it also completely blows out of the water your assertion that the vast a majority of people are appalled at the BNP's views.

Wasn't Franje Tudjman, first president of Croatia, a fervent fascist?

The BNP land is in the town of Knin, the self-styled capital of the Krajina region which was the heartland of the Milosevic-backed Serb nationalists in Croatia. It was, in fact, at Knin that the Balkan wars really kicked off. Tudjman was indeed a ferocious right wing *******, but the Knin connection really ties the symbolic BNP camp to Milosevic, as it was one of the most fiercely lionised symbols of a Greater Serbia. Officials from the military on both sides have been indicted as war criminals over events and ethnic clearances in the area. As well as purges of Craoat and then Serb populations, it then filled up with refugees ethnically cleansed from Bosnia too.

It represents the worst of what political extremism can inflict on civilian populations, from all sides, so really it's a fitting spot for the BNP to have their holiday camp.

I also read that when the brown stuff were really to hit the fan in the UK, the BNP plan is to flee en masse to this retreat and abandon the country they claim top love so much, which shows just how committed they are to the welfare of the (white) British people.

I don't know of anyone sacked for their communist views, apart from say within MI5. Rightly we wouldn't stand for it. So leftwingers smilarly need to be told that harrassment and perssuring of employers to get members of their leftwing group's political adversaries sacked has no place in a democracy. Particularly if the leftwingers don't even work at the BNP member's place of work.

Again, I said that was a matter for Employment Law, and not conjecture, and as Roy isn't around, it's probably best dropped as he can't stick up for himself. I do know, however, of one instance where a 'lefty' has 'been invited to leave' a job because of that person's views, but again it is subject to law.

I'll gladly, with the person's permission post an outcome, if needs be.

The point is, it can happen both ways.

yes, but it also completely blows out of the water your assertion that the vast a majority of people are appalled at the BNP's views.

In what way does it?, its late at night and I may have missed something as I'm tired because but even on your figures it still 75% of people who wouldn't vote for you.

Again, I said that was a matter for Employment Law, and not conjecture, and as Roy isn't around, it's probably best dropped as he can't stick up for himself. I do know, however, of one instance where a 'lefty' has 'been invited to leave' a job because of that person's views, but again it is subject to law.

I'll gladly, with the person's permission post an outcome, if needs be.

The point is, it can happen both ways.

can BNP supporters and non supporters members have alook at this petition.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/1stu2007/petition.html

It's about reinstating a teacher who has been suspended from his job just for looking at the BNP website on the premises. If you don't support the BNP but still feel it is wrong then make this point clear in the comments section.

In what way does it?, its late at night and I may have missed something as I'm tired because but even on your figures it still 75% of people who wouldn't vote for you.

because as i explained the demographics of london mean this will be fifty percent of native british londoners.

Indeed the article repeatedly expresses Searchlight's main hope of registering to vote as many "new arrivals" to London as possible as its main chance of scuppering the BNP. Great eh?

Which version of Solidartiy is supporting him at the moment out of interest?