The all things BNP thread.

yes sorry. I mean the BNP megathread should be reinstated i guess. I'm just pointing out that it ceased to be of interest because all it was discussing was whether Roj james was or wasn't a certain poster on stormfront. I'm just saying he's now not a BNP member as far as i know so maybe we can move on. Because in honesty I couldn't contribute to that discussion one way or the other.

I doubt it. Aside from anything else, he said that he wasn't any longer a member of the BNP, but a splinter party. And another regular contributor also retracted his earlier beliefs, to all intents and purposes.

We have a BNP activist who contributes regularly on the forum (albeit from Oxford) as it is.

There isn't a Labour, Tory, Lib Dem, Monster Raving Loony thread, so simply engage in debate is what I say.

Many will disagree with my thoughts, as will be the same with anyone else's political beliefs.

no different to all the religious threads then

We posted at the same time....but

Not necessarily. Most smoking threads go the same way.....and drinking ones. :hihi:

yes sorry. I mean the BNP megathread should be reinstated i guess. I'm just pointing out that it ceased to be of interest because all it was discussing was whether Roj james was or wasn't a certain poster on stormfront. I'm just saying he's now not a BNP member as far as i know so maybe we can move on. Because in honesty I couldn't contribute to that discussion one way or the other.

Why would a party need to have its own forum to argue a point? There was a valid reason to question certain forummers' position as what was being portrayed here wasn't neccessarily the same as elsewhere.

As far as this forum is concerned, I'm sure that issue is resolved, but speaking for myself, I'd rather that people entered into a proper debate, about all issues, without hiding behind the "BNP Megathread" matter, or picking on the party for that very matter.

If you've a matter to debate, don't make it a single party issue.

Unless that's the only way you can garner support.

Not quite sure of the purpose of the thread. But I like to read all political party views. Are you going to be posting some?

I could try yes. But I'm not going to make contact with the local party as any sort of activist now i'm here In sheffield. I'm happy just to be a sort of passive member. As to the real nature of the BNP you'rd have to decide over it for yourself. I can only say really what makes me subscribe to them.

I think race relations is a difficult area where people get extremely heated on all sides mainly because no one one feels they can say what they really want to say. And those that do say certain things can be pounced on with anger and venom. Still we can but do our best. As confucious said "honest man not worry if shadow appear crooked".

I could try yes. But I'm not going to make contact with the local party as any sort of activist now i'm here In sheffield. I'm happy just to be a sort of passive member. As to the real nature of the BNP you'rd have to decide over it for yourself. I can only say really what makes me subscribe to them.

I think race relations is a difficult area where people get extremely heated on all sides mainly because no one one feels they can say what they really want to say. And those that do say certain things can be pounced on with anger and venom. Still we can but do our best. As confucious said "honest man not worry if shadow appear crooked".

When you look how many posts and viewings 'race related' threads get. They're obviously an interesting topic.

I can't normally be a***d with serious threads, due to the 'going round in circles' business.

I personally think that the BNP are trying to be too 'idealistic' yet not in anyway 'realistic' and will never win enough votes because of too many attachments to nastiness. (that said from Mr Innocent:hihi:).

As someone who was on this forum about two or three years ago arguing the BNP line, I would have to say in response to people who assumed we were thrown off, there was no particular reason why I stopped posting personally except that the one officially sanctioned BNP thread seemed to have been pulled. Moreover all the discussion seemed to centre on Roy james the then local BNP organiser - whom i don't know much about personally and whether or not he'rd been a regular member on an explicitly racist website. Having moved to Sheffield i've had to re-register simply because i forgot my original moniker and password from back then. Roy meanwhile i think for people's information has left the party. I understand he got a job in the Moor as a retail security guard whilst he was the sheffield BNP organiser and leftwing opponents to his political views hounded the shop until they got him sacked.

I do think he apllied to the BNP legal department for help over this matter but became disillusioned with what he felt (for whatever reason they might have had) was a lack of support from them.

As I seem to have to say a lot these days, no one got thrown off here because of their beliefs.

They got removed from SF because of their singular inability to follow Forum rules.

SF also, for a while, became a 'target' for quite a few BNP members from all over the UK. The Forum was promoted and members were encouraged to coem here and spout forth.

We also had surges of BNP interest around elections - again from people who buggered off as soon as the election was out of the way.

I welcome input on SF, as an ex-Moderator and now as a user, from people of all political persuasions. The challenge is not to get people banned for the beiefs, but to allow those beliefs to be exposed to scrutiny and reasoned argument. Censorship breeds martyrs; exposing the beliefs in the open and dismantling them logically and sensibly simply exposes the ideas and the idealogues behind them to teh light.

well to hear that some poor chap lost his job cus of his beliefs is pathetic

Its perfectly justifiable, an overtly racist security guard? What could possibly go wrong with that I wonder?:

Why is it that the Right get ALL the bad press yet it's actually the Left who are most vociferous, do all the demonstrating and are most politically active :huh:

Why is it that the Right get ALL the bad press yet it's actually the Left who are most vociferous, do all the demonstrating and are most politically active :huh:

Because it tends to be the people from the right who say the most obnoxious, revolting things.

Let me explain. People on here get barred for how they express things, not what they say. If folks are offensive, abusive and obnoxious they'll get removed.

Oh....and it's right wingers who've tended to plant nail bombs in pubs. That doesn't get much good press...

You mean you haven't figured it out yet?

Surely that depends if the individual people who are being discussed stoop to the language of hatred and threats to get their point across?

Whoever does that on the forum is likely to become pretty unpopular around these parts (and that's irrelevant of their politics).

well to hear that some poor chap lost his job cus of his beliefs is pathetic

as i take it from the above post, roy didnt lose his job cos of his beliefs, he lost his job cos people were hounding the shop he worked at (due to his beliefs)

although me and roy are opposite ends of the political spectrum i seemed to get on ok with him personally.........he even turned up to my sf meet and we did shake hands (then again so did purdyamos, and we both got on well too, although i seem to get nothing but critisicism these days, ho hum)

lol again this just seems like yet another paranoid poor little right wingers being victimised all the time from the same few posters, surely your all big boys and girls these days and can take a bit of criticism?

surely youve all been racist long enough to know you will get criticised...a lot?