Tarot readers??

Your average person doesn't have the time, effort, standing, money, contacts, resources or standing in society to be able to go around proving people are cons and prosecuting them.

In my opinion, if you are a "professional" psychic/medium/fortune teller etc, and you are charging a fee for services provided, you should be able to prove that you are actually providing the service and not just making it up.

In my opinion, if you are a "professional" psychic/medium/fortune teller etc, and you are charging a fee for services provided, you should be able to prove that you are actually providing the service and not just making it up.

I agree with you. Just making the point that 'proving' and convicting these fraudsters is easier said than done.

I agree with all the points it is a con. Tarot hasn’t worked for me I have been given times and dates and predictions have never come to pass. Its just one big con! The fact that Tarot readers hide behind “entertainment services” when their predictions do not come to pass proves its all a lie.

It sickens me the fact that a Tarot reader gets paid regardless of the whether prediction coming to pass due to the “entertainment services” which are as follows ‘ALL PSYCHIC READINGS AND CONSULTATIONS ARE PROVIDED AS ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES ONLY and do not in any way constitute personal, legal, financial, medical or any sort of professional advice. By engaging in a psychic reading or reading this site, you understand that we do not provide recommendations, advice or give any directions for you to follow. A psychic reader (‘Reader’), for example, may from time to time offer a personal opinion but this does not constitute advice. A Reader will not diagnose illnesses or conditions (including questions pertaining to pregnancy and death). THE CONTENT OF PSYCHIC READINGS AND THE USE OF THIS SITE ARE MERELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON.’

In layman terms its the clients fault for choosing to believe and pay for the reading with no real guarantee that what has been predicted will come to pass.

I agree with all the points it is a con. Tarot hasn’t worked for me I have been given times and dates and predictions have never come to pass. Its just one big con! The fact that Tarot readers hide behind “entertainment services” when their predictions do not come to pass proves its all a lie.

It sickens me the fact that a Tarot reader gets paid regardless of the whether prediction coming to pass due to the “entertainment services” which are as follows ‘ALL PSYCHIC READINGS AND CONSULTATIONS ARE PROVIDED AS ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES ONLY and do not in any way constitute personal, legal, financial, medical or any sort of professional advice. By engaging in a psychic reading or reading this site, you understand that we do not provide recommendations, advice or give any directions for you to follow. A psychic reader (‘Reader’), for example, may from time to time offer a personal opinion but this does not constitute advice. A Reader will not diagnose illnesses or conditions (including questions pertaining to pregnancy and death). THE CONTENT OF PSYCHIC READINGS AND THE USE OF THIS SITE ARE MERELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON.’

In layman terms its the clients fault for choosing to believe and pay for the reading with no real guarantee that what has been predicted will come to pass.

More fool the believers then.

If anyone is stupid enough to believe that someone with the power to predict the future would be sat around with cards advising others on their love/social lives then really they deserve to be conned/taken advantage of.

Firstly I dont claim to predict the future, I speak to the dead, I dont give ifs buts or maybe, but relevant proof the message is for the people I'm reading, so therefore everyone is entitled to there opinion but don't pull down something you clearly don't understand, I don't know why I was given this gift, but I've used it to help people, I don't need cards to talk to the spirits, but it is a tool I use to help the person I'm reading understand, whether they do or not is down to the individual, I am good at what I do, I've fine it a thousand tims , so I don't let the opinions of anyone bother me, I do agree there a lot of con artist but there also a lot of genuine mediums

Firstly I dont claim to predict the future, I speak to the dead, I dont give ifs buts or maybe, but relevant proof the message is for the people I'm reading, so therefore everyone is entitled to there opinion but don't pull down something you clearly don't understand, I don't know why I was given this gift, but I've used it to help people, I don't need cards to talk to the spirits, but it is a tool I use to help the person I'm reading understand, whether they do or not is down to the individual, I am good at what I do, I've fine it a thousand tims , so I don't let the opinions of anyone bother me, I do agree there a lot of con artist but there also a lot of genuine mediums

Clearly deluded.

What's the problem- it seems to be a very clear, consise and unambiguous statement to me- readings are for entertainment purposes only.

If people choose to read that and then pay for a reading, then that's their choice- no way are they being conned having read the above :)

If you still want to launch a witch hunt on Tarot readers, then could you at least consider being fair about it, and first tackle the multitude of other businesses who use 'small print' hidden in their contracts to rip of customers, such as broadband sellers, commercial gyms and mobile phone contract vendors.

If their 'small print' was a tenth as clear, consise, and honest as the above tarot readers disclaimer, a lot of people would be happier.

And you narrow minded

You say that you talk to dead people. Do you actually hear their voices, accents and all when they reply?

Your average person doesn't have the time, effort, standing, money, contacts, resources or standing in society to be able to go around proving people are cons and prosecuting them.

Part of the problem of proving that all tarot readers are con people, is that those who have the big problem with them aren't the actual customers.

In the main, the customers supposedly being conned are actually very happy with the service provided.

The people with the problem seem to be this new wave of rabid 'rationalists/sceptics' who seem fixated on attacking anyone providing religious or spiritual services that do not have the firm approval of the scientific establishment.

Real cons are much more effectively addressed by either members of the public, or, by the law establishment, if there happen to be some real victims who actually feel that they have been conned.

Most people who frequent tarot readings in no way consider themselves 'victims' or feel 'conned'.

Indeed, the only victimisation most frequenters of tarot readinds/sceances etc feel, is from rabid 'rationalists/sceptics' hell bent on depriving them of their right to choose to use these services :)

What's the problem- it seems to be a very clear, consise and unambiguous statement to me- readings are for entertainment purposes only.

If people choose to read that and then pay for a reading, then that's their choice- no way are they being conned having read the above :)

If you still want to launch a witch hunt on Tarot readers, then could you at least consider being fair about it, and first tackle the multitude of other businesses who use 'small print' hidden in their contracts to rip of customers, such as broadband sellers, commercial gyms and mobile phone contract vendors.

If their 'small print' was a tenth as clear, consise, and honest as the above tarot readers disclaimer, a lot of people would be happier.

Do the mediums/readers explain this to the victims/customers first?

That it's just for entertainment purposes only?

EDIT: Isn't Robina comitting fraud by default then? Charging money for a "genuine" session with the dead, when she can only legally charge for "entertainment" ?

Do the mediums/readers explain this to the victims/customers first?

That it's just for entertainment purposes only?

EDIT: Isn't Robina comitting fraud by default then? Charging money for a "genuine" session with the dead, when she can only legally charge for "entertainment" ?

Presumably the disclaimer in question was/is one used by a specific reader/s, and, as with all disclaimers, would only be effective if available to be read by customers.

Either way, I was simply pointing out that it was a straightforward, consise and clear statement, unlike most of the 'small print/legal jargonese' used by most supposedly 'respectable' industries these days.

It's certainly not Robinas disclaimer, so it's utterly irrelevant in her case. It's entirely up to Robina whether she wishes to describe her readings as entertainment or 'genuine speaking with the dead'.

Further, i'd guess that customers of Robinas don't actually care how the service is described as they'll be perfectly aware that, if Robina felt obliged to describe the service as 'for entertainment only', that it would be soley to deflect the hostile potential attacks of those rationalists/sceptics who have a problem with such things and feel obliged to try and ensure that those who do want to use such a service, can't.