Baby showers?

hiya.............

i am just wanting to see how many of you on here would have a baby shower if it was available in your area, don't worry this isn't a sales pitch, just doing some market research and thought you guys would be the best people to ask.

A baby shower is a little like a pamper party for the mum to be, she invites all her friends to the party and they buy gifts for the new baby from a brochure. there would be products on display so people can see the quality on the product they are buying. at the end of the day, no one likes it when two people buy you the same gift or they buy you something that just isn't your taste. by having a baby shower you can make sure people are getting you the item you want for your baby but in a polite way. you could put a gift list together before the party, just like a bride would with a wedding gift list and this way your guests can pick how much they are happy to spend and order it without you knowing what they have chosen for you.

we have lots of shower packages where a nappy cake can be purchased, we can arrive at your home an hour before and make the whole place look extra special for your shower.

you advice and thoughts on this are greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance and would like to say good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and the birth of your baby

Lizzie x

Probably be more successful somewhere like - ohhhh - America?

but why only america and not here???????

but why only america and not here???????

Oh we do it ... but without being told what to do by some salesperson.

omg i think your well out of order

i am asking advice for supply good for baby showers

i think you need to get out more

omg i think your well out of order

i am asking advice for supply good for baby showers

i think you need to get out more

Well, if you're going to come on here touting for business (and trying to disguise it as some sort of market research) then you've got to expect the odd sniffy comment.

listen i was just trying to find out if people have baby showers...... end of

listen i was just trying to find out if people have baby showers...... end of

Really? Well this extract from your OP doesn't sound much like "just trying to find out if people have baby showers...."

"we have lots of shower packages where a nappy cake can be purchased, we can arrive at your home an hour before and make the whole place look extra special for your shower."

Can't babies fit in a normal shower? Do they have to have a special mini one? What if your bathroom isn't big enough to accomodate another shower? I don't think this is very well thought through.

I agree with Dan 99's comment. UK-ans don't tend to do baby showers. it's definitely mor a US-an thing.

and I have to say I agree totally with Dozy... it doesn't (much!) sound like advertising to me, either!

Baby showers are great, you get to meet up with people you haven't seen for ages, also it's nice to see the mother-to-be opening up cute baby stuff, things you've never seen before (in your days) much more interesting than watching someone open wedding gifts.