Sign in to follow this  

Help! Receiving an order from US.

Yes, but that wasnt there when your purchased your items, so your not subject to those terms and conditions :)

Originally posted by xafier

Yes, but that wasnt there when your purchased your items, so your not subject to those terms and conditions :)

But I don't have a print off of the website when I ordered them.. If he says they've always been there- How can I prove he's lying?

There are certain rights that cannot be cancelled out by terms and conditions like that.

I believe Credit Card chargebacks are one of them. The Credit Card company can revoke that right from you, noone else. It's an agreement between you and them.

Originally posted by GazB

But I don't have a print off of the website when I ordered them.. If he says they've always been there- How can I prove he's lying?

Try the wayback machine - You might never know your luck.

Originally posted by GazB

I would think the fact that he accepted your order with a UK delivery address, took your money and sent the item to you would be proof enough - after all, why would he do all that if he didn't deliver to the UK?

By taking your money he entered into an agreement to send you the goods. Even if that notice had been there I don't think it would have made any difference.

It clearly states on the new agreement on the site 'As of Nov 22nd' so then nothing to worry about, but keep a copy.

Ask the company to send you PROOF from the US Mail service that the package cleared customs.

Ensure you have proof that our side say it hasn't and send them a copy, then provide your credit card company with a copy of each.

I had an e-Bay incident of a similar nature, it wasn't until I insisted on proof that it turned out that the package I sent from the Uk had been refused on the door step.

Well now it get's even better. He says he is waiting for a refund from USPS.. So that he can RE-ORDER the shorts and send them via UPS instead..

I said well once you have a refund, I want a refund (he clearly stated this in an email "If in 30 to 60 days the US post office here can't find it we will get a refund and you will also" which I have in email), and he said he would lose money so I have to wait for the new order to come!

Surely he's having a giraffe?

Tell him you want a full and complete refund within 7 days to your credit card otherwise you will be placing a credit card dispute.

Then advise him that the bank will also issue administration charges against his account for the chargeback in question.

So unless he not only wants to pay back your money, he'll have to pay the bank too.

Don't take any pap, you're well within your rights given the length of time to demand this.

If he doesn't comply put through the credit card dispute.

End of!

But the credit card dispute takes upto 8 weeks! And the woman I spoke to about it said they can only do what they can and can't guarantee I'll get my money back- She was useless!

I feel like visiting his shop in the US with a good old fashioned baseball bat :rant:

Gaz seriously don't worry about it.

That's a standard reply but you WILL be entitled to your money back.

At the end of the day legally your contract is with the Credit Card company NOT this store.

The scredit card company WILL give you your money back and they will pursue the company for the return of their funds.

Your choice is either, place the dispute now or wait to see if this guy will refund you within 7 days.

I'd personally give a final unltimatum outlining what I said above to the company and if you don't get the refund then place the dispute.

If by some poor luck the credit card company refuses to refund you, then advise that you wont be paying them and will happily take it to court.

However it wont be necessary. I've been there and done it myself mate.

If worst comes to the worst, get a flight to the US with your BB and get your 'payback' in other ways ;)

For future reference take this as a learning curve, and never buy from these Yahoo type stores. When I saw it myself I immediately thought NO NO NO.

A lot of these 'shops' are little more than con merchants.

Thanks for the advice DD, much appreciated :)

I'll wait for him to get back to me as I've told him I want a full refund, as by the time the shorts get here the 2nd time round I won't be in the country as I'm working away for 6 months in January!

Fingers crossed I'll get my refund by xmas and can use it to buy some pressies :)

When you do get your money back - mine a pint ;)

Off topic, where you working away?