Kindness of Sheffield people had us in tears

Hi,

I've just read your story on SF. I've got 3 children, one of them is just 11weeks. Your story touched my heart, we were supported by SCH when both our first 3 children had to spend some time in there when they were first born. God bless to you and your family.

Gosh Rosemaire and Darren , can't believe it is a year since I looked after the twins at jessops !! Hope you had a lovely birthday with your family. I heard you went up to the unit recently.

I just heard that freya and blades progress was being plotted on here so thought i'd check it out. I can't believe it's a year since they were born. I looked after the twins on the neonatal unit for the first three months before i left for pastures new. I remember the night shifts when one of you would stay with the twins through some of the most difficult times i've seen 2 babies go through - and come out the other side. I didn't realise how long Blade had stayed in hospital and you both have done so well to cope with all this and to keep smiling (in between the tears). So glad to see you've got them both home and just want to wish you all the best and let you know there's not a week gone by that i haven't thought about you all. LOL

Happy Birthday twinnies!! What a wonderful anniversary!! Enjoy your special day and all it brings.

And Mummy.... what a day for you too! I hope it brings real celebrations for all the family. You have been through so much.

I found my daughter's 1st birthday a very mixed occasion. Of course I was thrilled she'd survived and it was a tremendous celebration. But I had many vivid memories of the year before and cried a few discrete tears along the way too. Afterwards I found out this can be a common experience for NICU mums.

But regardless of that her birthday was very special and I know the twins bithday will be equally if not more so. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

Yep. Another belated

:partyhat::partyhat:HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU TWO:partyhat::partyhat:

from me as well! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Thank you every one for your kind birthday wishes for Blade & Freya. It was a great day, but plenty of tears as you can imagine and the guilt came flooding back for me. I know in my heart that there wasn't a thing I could have done to stop them from been born or having to go through the stuff they did, but it was still there. But just looking at both there smiles and I know we are going to be just fine. And they got to meet there grandparents for the first time to ( Darren's parents ), so that made it even more special for us. Thank you again everyone for just been there.

Love Rosemarie.& family xxx

Congratulations to your family and the twins as you reach another milestone on your journey. Happy Birthday Blade and Freya and lots of love. xx

Happy belated Birthday for the twins!

:)

Best wishes, for the next year, for all of you Rose.

Hi

Everyone.

Sorry I haven't had chance to let you all know how the twins are doing, but it has been up and down ( with more downs ). They have now just turned 2. To start with Freya as normal she is doing just fine We have had no problems with her really. She is now walking, talking ( just full of mouth, she is a right little madam LOL ). She has just gone in to size 9-12 months clothes. Right as for Blade, he has still got his trackie in and has just come of his oxygen again. It has been operation after operation. Right lets see how many I can remember. To start with he had severe reflux ( sickness ). which was causing him to get chest infection after another and kept ending up in the hospital all the time with them. So he had an operation to have the top of his belly totally twisted to stop it ( easy way to explain it ) and at the same time he had a mickey button put in his stomach, so we no longer had to feed in by an NG tube down his nose, so we now feed him direct into his belly by a tube. He still doesn't eat or drink by mouth at all. That was all done on the 5th of november last year. Then a couple of months later, as you know we was told he is profoundly deaf. Well he was been checked to have a cockel ear plant fitted, but to do that, he first had to have an operation to have gromites fitted first. With great news, with them and the strongest ear aids he can have he has now gone from profoundly to severely deaf. Which we are now learning sign language to help comunicate with him. Then he went for an op to see how his throat was doing with the trackie, sadly we was told it was a bit worse now than it was to start with. But the light at the end of the tunnel was that he could have a reconstruction on it. ( meaning that they would take some pieces from his ribs and place 1 at the inside of his throat and 1 at the back to stop it from clapsing ). He was supposed to be having this done last month, but it was cancelled due to him refluxing again. The acid from his reflux has caused some more damage to his vocal cords and throat, by making it really red sore & blistered. Even though he is on medicines for it. The risk it could damage the reconstruction and make it fail and they was a risk that he would not end up been able to have the trackie taken out at all, is why it was cancelled. So now he is booked in for an operation on the 25th of this month, to have his stomach done again. We are hoping they will do the reconstruction op next year and hopefully take the trackie out later next year to. As for Blade him self he is just getting over pneumonia again, but is doing great. Even though he has had to go through all this he is always smiling, laughing and just full of beans. He is walking, climbing, wrecking the house with the rest of the kids. He is in size 2-3 years clothes, as you can tell he is no small boy LOL. He is not talking or making any sounds yet, just a matter of time. Just to have them both is a miracle. During all this happening, I have lost my nannan, dad and grandad and Darren got made redundant, but we are all still here and fighting and thats the way it will always be. I will let you all know how Blades op goes. Right got to go now and see to the kids. Bye all xx

Love rosemarie, darren and kids.xxx