New Gay Club To Open In Sheffield!

Talking of 'new Gay Clubs', is anything happening after all regarding the rumours that the Matilda pub was reopening?

And how is FAB doing these days? I passed it on my bike earlier today and they still have heir 3 or 4 expensive rainbow coloured signs up, and cars parked at the back, so someone is still working there; I heard rumors a week or two ago that it had 'closed down', so is this true or not?

Just a quick update re. the former FAB premises.

Just passed it today, and could see that the FAB signs were gone and a new sign had been put up over the door, saying 'VOVK Joinery' or something like that; As it has become a joinery workshop/showroom, its fate has been sealed, and it is unlikely to see use as a nightclub of any sort again for a long time yet, if ever...

Also, it is a great shame about the old Matilda Pub; Since it shut about 3-4 years ago, plans for it to become 'flats' never materialised, the building has been in an empty and derelict state ever since, having been gutted downstairs but presumably never fitted out as the aforesaid flats.

Might there be a chance that this pub could be put out to lease with a licence again, because it is bound to be a lucrative watering-hole, being close to the Cultural Industries zone, and if it were a Gay venue again, it would be exceedingly popular, as it is roughly between Dempseys and the rail/bus stations, and also not far from the Lions Lair...

well, there was a rumour that the whole area opposite the matilda was being eyed up to be developed into an open public space/ square/ gardens with the surrounding derelict buildings being re-furbed for use as venues, with potential interest from (quotes source) "one gay venue operator in the city and others from manchester"

dunno if it's true but it could be excellent. do a google search for 'is this the location for a new gay village in sheffield' and there's a photo gallery someione has put up...

It would make an ideal gay village area and would also follow the template of most of them in other cities being near rail station and arty areas of cities ... yes the Matilda would make an ideal gay or drag pub as it once was !!! I would definitely support this new exciting venture ...

yes the Matilda would make an ideal gay or drag pub as it once was !!! I would definitely support this new exciting venture ...
Do you never get sick of banging on about drag? The vast majority of gay posters don't want it yet you keep dribbling on about it as though its the coolest thing ever.

Do you never get sick of banging on about drag? The vast majority of gay posters don't want it yet you keep dribbling on about it as though its the coolest thing ever.

I was gonna say. I'm not gay myself, but i'm sure the majority of gay people don't even feel the slightest temptation to dress up in drag :rolleyes: They gay folks I know don't dress or act any different to any other people (well... they aren't any different to any other people)

Mod note:

Since the OP appears to have left the forum, there seems little point in keeping this thread open.

The thread title was, after all, about an alleged new venue opening. This venue appears not to have materialised.

We need to keep topics, wherever possible, specific to the thread title. That way people don't have to trawl through pages of unrelated posts.

Closing.