New Gay Club To Open In Sheffield!

Loads of flyers where chucked on the table in Climax last night

They certainly know how to splash out dont they.

Bless her, I remember she always wore a lovely pearl necklace.

... and she always had great hair bless her .... seems that Boho is a wierd place location for a gay bar though .... will it be full of solicitors, lawyers, estate agents, bankers then ??? ;-)

... and she always had great hair bless her .... seems that Boho is a wierd place location for a gay bar though .... will it be full of solicitors, lawyers, estate agents, bankers then ??? ;-)

Men in suits, I`ll be there ;)

To be fair though, look at Dempseys, particularly on a Sunday when they're doing their Sunday lunches. Or even Lions Lair during the week in the daytime. I've been in both and you wouldn't know, besides perhaps from flyers or on the odd occasion other customers, that they were supposed to be predominantly gay.

My recollection of a Sunday in Dempseys (not that I go down in the daytime that often) was that it was full of families with small kids. Though that was a few years back now...

Text from Fuuuel:

Fuel are opening a brand new late bar called "Affinity" next Thursday @ 7pm! It's at the former "Boho" bar at 29-31 Campo Lane! We hope to see you all there!

Text from Fuuuel:

Great news this! I just got wind of this from a certain friend of mine, and although I'm currently in Ireland, I'll be back in Sheffield and there on Thursday in my finest!

Look out for me too as one of the finalists in the SHEFFIELD'S GOT TALENT' competition a couple of days beforehand at the Westway, West St. (Tuesday 20th Nov., from 8PM)

WHy is there not a big club equivalent to somewhere like embrace in Sheffield?

We have a number of them in Birmingham and they are there in Leeds and Manchester.

Ive just to come to Sheff for uni, i'm from Birmingham

I've only been to Dempseys and Lions lair so far

Dempseys- o my god it's like 1950 the whole thing makes you feel like its still illegal to be gay, stupid having to be a member to get in, and the fact that you can't bring guests in, no other "club"(and i use that word very loosely when refering to demps) operates such a strict policy I was apalled.

Lions Lair - Saturday night and it just felt like you were in a village pub, the music is blaring but there is nowhere to dance so you have to shout to talk while you sit down round a little table.

I've not been to FAB nor XES but they aren't exactly in the city centre are they and i've heard they aren't too big either.

Affinity will be nice if its as classy as i think it might be, but What i really want is a proper size Nightclub! Birmingham has had one for 40years!

oh yeh

THank god for Climax! gutted its only once a month though!

and I know there prob be some people going on about more likely to get beaten up in city centre balh blah, Birminghams scene (sorry to keep comparing it but i am from brum so i know it best) is smack in the city centre right by some of the most popular "straight bars" there is never any trouble that i've heard of.

Its not that i need gaybars I infact spend a fair amount of m time in straight bars but its just sad that i dont have a place to take my friends here, whereas in brum you could always go to a good night out in a gay bar becuase they were amazing and not members only half of them aren't even members at all, and there are drinks promotions like £8 in and free drinks until 2am.