Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

Compared to the positive effect of keeping the commuters out, these effects are probably minimal.

minimal (which I doubt), or not, they did not appear to have been addressed at all.

Just another thing which highlights the council's head in the sand 'we've made our decision' policy.

Planners spoke to resident representatives on our street twice and at a time to suit us and noted our views.

Wow, how did your street get such treatment? Does someone know somone?

Compared to the positive effect of keeping the commuters out, these effects are probably minimal.

I don't thinks its made much difference to commuters. I now park about 50yards further away from work. A few hundred other people in this office have done the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Ludd

Planners spoke to resident representatives on our street twice and at a time to suit us and noted our views.

"Resident representatives" - sure. In other words the ones who most liked the idea of interfering in other people's lives to solve their own problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planner1

I don't thinks its made much difference to commuters. I now park about 50yards further away from work. A few hundred other people in this office have done the same.

Don't worry, the council will force you to live its way in the end. By parking in an adjacent area, along with the other displaced parkers (including the ones forced out by the council's incredibly stupid policy of actually reducing parking capacity in an already tight area by putting in unnecessary yellow lines), you are merely serving their purpose by generating calls from the residents there to call for the council to save them from the consequences of the council's own actions.

(Not criticising you, tomataheeed. Just pointing out that the ******** will keep pushing until they get their way.)

Don't worry, the council will force you to live its way in the end. By parking in an adjacent area, along with the other displaced parkers (including the ones forced out by the council's incredibly stupid policy of actually reducing parking capacity in an already tight area by putting in unnecessary yellow lines), you are merely serving their purpose by generating calls from the residents there to call for the council to save them from the consequences of the council's own actions.

(Not criticising you, tomataheeed. Just pointing out that the ******** will keep pushing until they get their way.)

No criticism taken:)

I was just pointing out that the scheme hasn't made any difference to the 500 drivers in this office. The next scheme arrives when it arrives...people will drive until then.

Planners are quite approachable. I have always gone out to meet people whenever and wherever they asked me to.

Seems Like the local councillors don't agree with the Council and take the side of the local residents!

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/letters/Sheer-farce-of-parking-scheme.3374576.jp

The fact that the local Councillors are in the opposition party is nothing to do with that of course!

How many, when?

The area nearer to the city has lots of such problems.I've met with residents groups and went to a very heated public meeting at the Vestry Hall on Cemetery Rd, where well over 100 people were baying for a permit scheme and they wanted it YESTERDAY!

The area nearer to the city has lots of such problems.I've met with residents groups and went to a very heated public meeting at the Vestry Hall on Cemetery Rd, where well over 100 people were baying for a permit scheme and they wanted it YESTERDAY!

What about the 200 that didnt want it ?

You usually find the vocal MINORITY gets listened to.

Reminds me of the Violin playing neighbours served with a threat of an Asbo from ONE complaint.

The fact that the local Councillors are in the opposition party is nothing to do with that of course! - Sour grapes, anyone:D

Maybe.

But if the council had done things properly, there would be no need for any local concillor to make claims, which makes the council to be a bunch of incompetants:hihi: