Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

I saw some woman parked with hazard lights on in the permit zone on saturday. I thought the car seemed to have been there a pretty long time. later on I saw her coming back with shopping bags and get into the car and drive off. She looked pretty minted - thought it was well cheeky of her to scrimp on paying for the parking (and nick my normal space)

Some were critical, some thought it was OK or even an opportunity. You'll never please everyone.

I suppose downturns in local trade are nothing to do with the general tightening of purse-strings that appears to be happening across the board?

Pardon me if I completely ignore your biased posts:thumbsup:

I would like to say that the Sharrow parking scheme has done wonders for our road (walton road)

The students generally seem to have either decided its not worth bringing their car to uni (good choice, especially as most of them go to the Hallam campus on Collegiate which is a 2 minute walk away)

and it seems that all the other residents on the street have plenty of space to park infront of, or very close to their houses.

There are usually spaces in the resident areas as well as the pay and display zones and the fact that the pay and display is soooo cheap compared to most parking meters is also a good thing.

I say well done planners, walton road, wadborough and thompson road is definitely better than it was!

(just a shame other areas dont seem to have fared so well)

As I've mentioned before, I live on the outer boundary of this 'scheme' & after 9am our road is full of 'dumped' cars, if I shift my car I have no chance of parking when I get back.

NO!!! I'm not willing to pay to park outside my home, when before this scheme our road was free of 'dumped' cars. :rant::mad:

Don't worry, soon they will extend it to cover the whole of South Yorkshire!

It's a joke on the Sharrowvale side, impossible to park in the evenings, there were 8 cars parked on the double yellows on Hickmott Rd last night.

datal

I share your pain :)

Did you get a letter from the council and a questionnaire recently?

Im quietly hoping it means I may get a chance of being included in the wretched scheme

Or is that a dream????

As I've mentioned before, I live on the outer boundary of this 'scheme' & after 9am our road is full of 'dumped' cars, if I shift my car I have no chance of parking when I get back.

NO!!! I'm not willing to pay to park outside my home, when before this scheme our road was free of 'dumped' cars. :rant::mad:

You'll be lucky to park outside your own home, I'm normally 3 streets away.

You'll be lucky to park outside your own home, I'm normally 3 streets away.

It's always 'me me me' with you isn't it. You could always get up a few minutes earlier and get the bus to work.. I guess neither you or your partner would be prepared to set foot on a bus though coming from Hunters Bar.

:mad:

:hihi:

I walk everywhere and only use my small modest car in the evenings/when it's dark, I don't drive a bloody tank around to Waitrose every night to buy oysters and champaign :love::love::love: and rice milk :rant::rant::rant:

I walk everywhere and only use my small modest car in the evenings/when it's dark, I don't drive a bloody tank around to Waitrose every night to buy oysters and champaign :love::love::love: and rice milk :rant::rant::rant:

Oooo, touched a nerve have we...

:hihi: