Romantic or not so romantic pressies

you could have had my spanners then, cos I had no idea what to do with them

I don't mind doin diy actually! As long as it doesnt involve things being level:D...

Not a romantic present, so this is a little bit of a tangent, but I was really touched last year when a friend bought me knitting yarn. Yes, I know, but I'm an ardent knitter.

Said friend hardly knew one end of a knitting needle from the other and at that point wouldn't have known Kidsilk Haze if it had jumped up and bit him. Yet he took the time to check with another friend to see what I'd really like to knit with, asked how much to buy and ventured into the unfamiliar world of John Lewis' yarn department to get it. What a guy.

As for romantic pressies, flowers are better than chocolates and a bunch of sweet peas will win loads of brownie points.

I bought my boy flowers once. And he bought me a plant when I was poorly recently. I think I'm pretty lucky to be honest.

Said friend hardly knew one end of a knitting needle from the other and at that point wouldn't have known Kidsilk Haze if it had jumped up and bit him. Yet he took the time to check with another friend to see what I'd really like to knit with, asked how much to buy and ventured into the unfamiliar world of John Lewis' yarn department to get it. What a guy.

Aw bless! Now that really is a thoughtful pressie!

I like anything anyone puts time and thought into ... the little things in life make me smile, even just little keepsake memento type things that cost nothing but mean heaps.

Are these romantic gifts for Birthdays or just in general Lindix.....?

I tend to wait every couple of months go in his wallet, take about £30 and say I'm treating myself ........:rolleyes:

I always buy my own flowers too ...... :huh:

Pathetic isn't it. I always buy my own flowers too.

My brother bought me a drill, sander and jigsaw one christmas :confused:

I once got a broken pot elephant that my oh picked up on the side of the road in Bhudapest(sp)

He thought it was romantic, I thought it was someone elses rubbish and now its a door stop:D

He claims that as I collect elephants I should love it as it's different to all of my others. Yes, I pointed out, all of the others are intact!!:suspect::hihi:

Just used my new pressie, and cooked my oh a very tasty looking lasagne(one of his faves)!!:love:

I had a daughter for my 21st birthday.......nothing else, no card, no flowers.

Does your oh buy you romantic gifts like mine does?

Sometimes I get flowers, or concert tickets, but in between the bunches of flowers I get practical things.

Last night it was..................A spice rack!

A very nice one I have to say, its a chrome ferris wheel type one, with 20 glass and chrome jars all ready full of assorted herbs & spices, and I`m sure it will get plenty of use.

Lately my hubby as "bought me a present" of an iron, a toaster and a very splendid ironing board, all come with the phrase "Don`t say I never buy you owt!"

Who says romance is dead eh?:D

hay dont forget that 42 inch tv he got you so that he and the kids could play on the xbox

I don't mind doin diy actually:D...

you cant say things like that im about and i twist things

like i just have