Amazing coincidences - Have you experienced any?

In my previous job i was working in a sales office taking party bookings etc... As i went to ask the customers name for the booking i was thinking Mrs Britton... dont ask me why... anyway she replied Mrs Britton... I couldnt believe it... it was really weird...

Me & Mrs Britton had a good laugh about it after as i told her i knew her name before she'd even told me... or shall i say thinking it... :)

Another time i was thinking after getting up out of bed i didnt shut my door... I thought shall i get up again? Nah! no ones gonna come in... WRONG!!! that night a Burglar came into my bedroom and stole my jewellery... :(

A similar thing happened to me. When I was a student at College, I remember saying to a friend at break I had a funny feeling that our house was being burgled - when I went home, a police car was outside my parents house and we had indeed being burgled. Amongst other things they had rifled through my personal possessions like my diary, which no-one but me knew about with some very embarrassing things in (I was 17 at the time!)

I'm not one for believing in psychic phenomena, and I'm certainly not psychic! But sometimes people get strange feelings, and they turn out to be correct. I've no explanation why I should've thought our house was being burgled, but it was. I've wondered since is it because they found my diary with really personal things in that I sensed it...?

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 21:56 ----------

Was in Boots the chemist years ago, and while being served, I turned to look at the lady on my left, and was amazed to see that she was my double !! We both stared at each other in amazement, then looked to the front again, not speaking. I have never seen her since !

Actually that would freak me out....

Was in Boots the chemist years ago, and while being served, I turned to look at the lady on my left, and was amazed to see that she was my double !! We both stared at each other in amazement, then looked to the front again, not speaking. I have never seen her since !

That's because it was a mirror you silly-billy ;-)

I bought a lottery ticket once and filled in the numbers with familiar birthdates.

However it did not win.

The following week, I did the same.

Lo and behold!!

That one did not win either.

Co-incidence or what?

I bought a lottery ticket once and filled in the numbers with familiar birthdates.

However it did not win.

Lo and behold!!

Co-incidence or what?

Co-incidentally, I didn't!

What are the chances of that eh?

I have a fairly unusual surname. Years ago when my son was about 6 or 7 we went to buy him a second hand bike we saw for sale in The Star classifieds, having looked it over and deciding to have it, I asked who to make the cheque out to. The seller had the same surname as me. Later I looked the name up in the phone book and there were only three in Sheffield.

When I was a child I used to horribly deface books by writing 'If this book should ever roam, smack its bum and send it home' along with my full name in them.

Around 10 years ago my Dads elderly neighbour went to a jumble sale at the other side of town and found one of my books! Ive still got it now :)

Not sure if this is that spooky but this has happened loads of times to me both coincidences

- Singing a song in my head then turning on the radio and it be the song playing that is in my head ...

- Thinking about my friend who Ive not spoke to for a few months and then the next day he has rang me or ive seen him out just bumping into him. & one time he called round to my house just to check up on me.

That's ESP lol

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 23:24 ----------

However it did not win.

Lo and behold!!

Co-incidence or what?

It's still happening to me after 10 years. How many coincidences is that? :confused:

Not sure if this is that spooky but this has happened loads of times to me both coincidences

- Singing a song in my head then turning on the radio and it be the song playing that is in my head ...

I get that one! It's the only one I've had tho.

However it did not win.

Lo and behold!!

Co-incidence or what?

Reminds me of this :D

Almost 17 years ago, on my honeymoon we were driving around the western USA. We'd stopped the car in a remote area in the hills above Lake Tahoe and gone for a wander, when a car came out of nowhere suddenly pulled up and a bloke got out and started shouting. I thought this was the end and we were going to be brutally murdered, then I realised he was shouting about Sheffield Wednesday (I had a SWFC shirt on).

Not only had I encountered a Wednesdayite in this remote area thousands of miles away from home, but it turned out this couple were staying in the same hotel as us in the town of South Lake Tahoe which was miles away on the other side of the lake (and we were only there for 2 days), but they lived two streets away from us in Sheffield.

A happy ending would be that we became lifelong best friends, but we've never seen them since :D

I was booking in to a hotel in Dubai and got speaking to the Indian concierge. It turned out his brother was a very nice barman who had served me and my wife at our hotel in India the year before.

I asked him to book me a taxi to the dive centre and on arrival I met my dive instructor who had taken me through my Divemaster course the year before in Egypt!

My colleague was astounded. After we had been diving and sighted black tipped reef sharks he had the cheek if I had met them,previously.

My two sons married young ladies who were both born on the same day and the same year.