Amazing coincidences - Have you experienced any?

Too many.

My name is Sarah ( often called Sally by close family)..my brother is named David.

David's best mate's wife is Sally....they have two children...David and Sarah. My husband's cousins are Sally and David. My husband's other cousins are Sarah and David. ( two totally different branches of the family)

My sister in law is Sarah, my daughter is also Sarah.

and no, before you go thinking the worst.....we are not from Royston Vasey or play duelling banjos in the backwoods while pa goes out a' hunting!! *L*

just freaky coincidences

Originally posted by Martin_s

Out in the states, just finished summer camp for the 3rd summer running... decided to finally get up to the top of the empire state (no mean feat due to my vertigo)...

Get up there with a few friends from camp and while wandering around the viewing platform.. this guy, wearing a reverse baseball cap and shades, taps me on the shoulder and says... "Hey you" in a yank accent...

I'm like... "Erm.. sorry, wrong person" and wander off, with this guy following... which had me thinking... oh great! mugging time.

Then I do a double take... it's only a guy who was doing the same uni course as me, at the same university but in the year below me... Add to that, his mother worked with my mother in the same surgery...

Nothing planned... no idea we were both over there and all very weird...

Now that is a freakish coincidence.

I have some summer camp coincidences.

First - I was heading off to my first summer at camp and I got to the airport only to be in the queue with the rest of the 'counsellors' with a guy I worked with at JJB Sports just a few month earlier.

I didn't know he'd applied to camp and he didn't know I did.

We didn't end up at the same camp but just seeing him at the meeting point was weird.

Second - I had finished my second stint at the same camp as year one and was staying with a friend of mine in NYC (who I'd met at camp).

We went out on the tiles in NYC one evening for a few select beers and we bumped into people we'd been at camp with that summer in the middle of down town NYC.

I mean millions of people are in NYC at any one time and we bump into these guys. :lol:

I also noticed that a fair few people from Sheffield were on the same flight as me to NYC during my first trip and 3 people from Sheffield were at the same camp as myself.

The biggest village in England strikes again :P

Just found this forum. What are five posts.... 5 messages???

I'm a wee bit confused. I'm moving to Sheffield. Fiona (one of your members) Had a question about cellar conversion. I would like to speak with anyone who is interested

Jim

jim again > Not that amazing a coincidence but last week my new car broke down while driving to a friends. While waiting for the breakdown truck My old ramshakle Citroen BX pootled by full of life still going strong

Earlier this year one of our branches in Doncaster had a staff shortage, and I went to help out for one day. While I was there the phone rang, and when I answered, it was a wrong number - the caller actually wanted Dorchester branch. However, the spooky coincidence is that the caller was the person who'd run a training course that I'd been on in Newcastle a few weeks previously.

I suppose we've all had the one where you think of a song you've not heard for ages and then it comes on the radio?

Just thought I'd share this one that happened today and it made me smile.

I was driving up to Whitby and listening to random plays on my i pod which has over a thousand tracks of varied music on it.From classical to Kings of Leon.

I needed a comfort break as I drove past Fylingdales and decided to turn off towards Goathland.

Within a hundred yards of turning left what played?

Heartbeat by Buddy Holly.!

Was in Boots the chemist years ago, and while being served, I turned to look at the lady on my left, and was amazed to see that she was my double !! We both stared at each other in amazement, then looked to the front again, not speaking. I have never seen her since !

Was in Boots the chemist years ago, and while being served, I turned to look at the lady on my left, and was amazed to see that she was my double !! We both stared at each other in amazement, then looked to the front again, not speaking. I have never seen her since !

It's called a mirror Pattricia.

It's called a mirror Pattricia.

Ouch...

A few years ago I went to London with an Italian friend, we ended up going to a Costa for a 'very bad' coffee as he called it. This was off the beaten track towards Kingston and as we are chatting and laughing the Barista goes: 'Hoi Tim!'...

After ten seconds I realised I was looking at my once best friend that I lost all contact with after moving to a new town aged 12. 20 years later and we met in London... Still in touch now!

Similarly I once nearly missed a plane in Dusseldorf, I was being rushed to the right gate but there was a border check in between. I run up with a lovely SwissAir lady looking after me, only to be greeted by a high school mate who was on exchange with the German border force. I didn't even know he joined the Marechaussee.

Does anyone have any stories of Amazing coincidences. Don't make them up, we only want truthful experiences.

Have you experience a coincidence where the chances of it happening were unbelievable. Or perhaps it's just a spooky coincidence but hard to understand.

I bumped into a course mate from uni whilst in the south of France on a small campsite...

When I was about 19 my then boyfriend moved in with me. One day we were walking down the street having a massive argument. I told him to move out and he threw my house keys up into a big old tree, it was summer so I couldnt see them but spent a while throwing sticks up to try and get them back down but no luck.

A few months later I was walking down the same street and they just fell out, about 2 metres in front of us!

Not sure if this is that spooky but this has happened loads of times to me both coincidences

- Singing a song in my head then turning on the radio and it be the song playing that is in my head ...

- Thinking about my friend who Ive not spoke to for a few months and then the next day he has rang me or ive seen him out just bumping into him. & one time he called round to my house just to check up on me.