Sheffield's favourite son?

So you've got the first British person to go into space hailing from Sheffers, but you'd rather choose an average actor living off nothing but a unique accent, or a novelty pop act living off nothing but a unique accent!!!

You couldnt make it up!!! What next, a statue of them two birds from the Human League outside the town hall?

If you were to ask people from around the world to name 2 people from Sheffield, I think the answer would be, Michael Palin & Joe Cocker, they both sing the praises of Sheffield & are great ambassadors for the city.

Jimmy Carol is from Liverpool and Toby Foster is from barnsley!

Michael Palin.

I would make this into a poll if I could, but anyway, off the top of my head I can think of the following Sheffield celebrities;

Alan Kilby

David Blunkett

Jimmy Carroll

Toby Foster

Sean Bean

Lord Hattersley

I'm sure theres many others, quite an illustrious city for celebrities, who is your favorite Sheffield son and why?

dont forget me

Rony of BBC Radio Sheffield born and bred in Sheffield and a pure genius.

So you've got the first British person to go into space hailing from Sheffers, but you'd rather choose an average actor living off nothing but a unique accent, or a novelty pop act living off nothing but a unique accent!!!

You couldnt make it up!!! What next, a statue of them two birds from the Human League outside the town hall?

Everyone is entitled to their own choice.....:P

So who would be your choice, Ally?

Jarvis Cocker,the man is a legend.

Indeed, his "Up Where We Belong" duet with Jennifer Rush always has me in tears at karaoke nights.......