Sheffield's favourite son?

Where's Richard Hawley's name on this list? Top bloke- drew the raffle tickets at the Woodland Fair in Endcliffe Park yesterday. I stood right by him and was too tongue tied to say 'hello'.

Good one :thumbsup:

Also: Alex Turner or Jarvis Cocker

I think the winner should probably be Mr Palin though :) Or should I say 'Uncle Palin'? ;):)

StarSparkle

David Blunkett ?????????? Heck no.!!!!!!! Got to be Michael Palin & Sean Bean. Palin nearly always mentions Sheffield on his travels.

Yet another vote here for Mr Palin. He seems to be a thoroughly decent bloke.

I expect a scandalous revelation in the News of the World any day now :hihi: .

If there were to be a scandalous revelation he'd become God-like. :)

After all, look at John 'so-nice-I'm-grey' Major....

He quit, was interviewed wearing shades and going to watch cricket on the day he quit, called his colleagues ******** and had a fling with Edwina Curry. All of a sudden his kudos rating went through the roof.

To quote Blackadder, Uncle Palin could be found next to a dead body, knife in his hand, covered in blood, saying he was glad he killed the ******* and with one winsome grin he would be free and asking the victim's family to pay for the dry cleaning.

Michael Palin - we salute you! :)

Just how much do you hate women, Olec? :hihi:
Oh yeah......we mustn't forget Helen Sharman. :hihi:

Another tick for Mr Palin. :thumbsup:

avoiding the "flash in the pan" people, who are here for a few months, and then gone.....

Michael Paling

Joe Cocker

Sean Bean

Gordon Banks

If there were to be a scandalous revelation he'd become God-like. :) ...

He'd lose my vote though :( .

I used to view the TV chef Rick Stein in a similar way to Michael Palin; they're both crinkly-eyed, smiley blokes with thoroughly engaging personalities. Stein even had a cute little fluffy dog to add to the persona. I should have known not to trust a dog lover...

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that he'd left his wife for a younger model after an affair. How disappointing to not only have to reconsider my view of him, but also to be forced to place him in the grubby Phil Collins/Chris Deburgh (sp) adulterous crap male bracket. Sigh.

Maybe Sebastian Coe?

No chance. Used to live just round the corner from Coe & he couldn't wait to get out of Sheffield.

Only lived where he did as it was next to the university running track.

Would rather vote for Naz than Coe.

For all his wrongs at least he still lives here.

I'd have to say Matt Helders :o just because his mum is so lovely about him on the Arctic Monkeys forum and she posts nice things about her son (aw!)

I'd have to say Matt Helders :o just because his mum is so lovely about him on the Arctic Monkeys forum and she posts nice things about her son (aw!)

Aww!

Mrs H does seem to be a lovely lady, agreed!

And Matt seems a real sweetie :)

Sparkle

No chance. Used to live just round the corner from Coe & he couldn't wait to get out of Sheffield. Only lived where he did as it was next to the university running track.

I must confess to having played "devil's advocate" here - hence the question mark!