Starting a Book Club

Hi there

I have just moved up to Sheffield...

I would love to join your book club...When and where?

JOni T

no...not yet...should we just start our own?

Joni

maybe we should just say a place and time and see if anybody shows up. I imagine it's quite difficult to get these things organised.

you could probably start one through the writers section on the special interest groups

I'd be interested in coming along, day/time permitting - I love reading.

Well I reckon we should just set a time and date and see if anyone shows up. What about Tuesday? That's a good day.

I'd love to come too, if I'm not too late. Mondays are always imossible for me but am pretty flexible Tuesday to Thursdays.

Laura

Seems like Thursdays are the solution maybe. What about a week on Thurs (22nd) then? Obviously at the discretion of grainnelando

tho! They did start this whole idea!

hi

Can I join your club.I am free on thurs after 7 pm.

I'd love to come too. But thinking this is sounding like it might or might not happen if no one says they'll come for sure. So I hereby swear that this Thursday, Nov.22 at the Walkley Cottage on Bole Hill Road, say 7:30 I will be there. Ready to talk trash etc. about books with whomever else in Walkley/Crookes via Northern General Hospital or wherever chooses to come. I will wait for 30 minutes and hopefully it will be the beginning of a fabulous book group.

It sounds like fun. Plus, keep passing the Walkley Cottage and thinking I want to check it out. I will take a book with me just in case so that I can look very pathetic/mysterious/enormously intellectual as I sip my drink and ponder why no one else has showed up.