Where would I take a sick cactus to be healed in Sheffield?

Bit of a long shot this one, but would there be any kind of plant or cactus doctor in sheffield that i could take my very sick cactus to for advice or treatment?

It may already be to late for treatment, but i'd like to save it if possible.

Any recommendations of somewhere to take it in sheff to be looked at?

Thanks

Josh

i used to grow cacti depending what state it is in you could try repotting has pot might be too small decent potting compost with gravel and feed from base off a tray and never over water

Well it was in a very small pot, n started drooping so i repotted it just recently but it still won't stop drooping. so have tied it up to some stakes for the time being to keep it upright n hope it recovers.

It does also appear to have small patches of mould dotted around, i think it might be too late to save, when it was in the small pot it was water hungry, but i'm trying to stop watering it now as thought that might have something to do with it.

Any suggestions, can put a link to some pics if that would help?

J

Why not take it back to the place that soled it! :|

i've had it for years, n was a gift with sentimental attachment, n has only recently become ill

I had a long one that went all withered from the base to about half-way up. (It was tall, but when they are flopping sideways it seems more appropriate to call them long!) I took advice from an enthusiast and chopped the relatively healthy top bit off, probably about 1/6th of the whole plant. This I hung up in free air for the wound to scab over, and then placed it about 2mm deep in damp sand. Root grew from the scab, and a few years later I have a massive cactus which has sprouted two extra 'branches' and appears to be flowering! Love it to bits. :) And to think I was going to compost it!

In my limited experience, cacti can live for quite a long time, but obviously they eventually get past their best. I have just had to part with a particularly nice one that I have had for years. As you have had the cactus for a long time, you can't have been over-watering it (a common cause of problems). As Paul0726 wrote, re-potting it sometimes helps, but you mention that you have already done this. The mould sounds ominous as cacti can suffer from this sort of attack. Try to give it as much sun as possible and hope for the best. You might get advice from a knowledgeable horticulturist at a garden centre etc., but sometimes there is little that can be done.