Sheffield in the 70s

Originally posted by Michael_W

Anyone remember Sheffield in the 70s, Yorkshire cricket at Bramall Lane, United in the First Division & Wednesday in the Third, buses on the Moor, Turnups nightclub at Nether Edge, The Fiesta, Top Rank, Steelworks in the East End, Cutlery and engineering firms ???????????

hello yes i remember all of that i use to work at the fiesta good job good tips :D

Originally posted by Michael_W

Went to all those places marie1951, Top Rank, Fiesta and Tiffanys and yes Mo I remember Pippys on Cambridge Street, never went in though :)

if you was in all them clubs i bet we met way back then :D8)

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

We used to have the rag man come round with a barrow shouting "any old rags". We used to get a balloon or a gold fish if we gave any to him.

I remember my mum asking if anybody had seen her new dress.

dare,nt tell her the rag man had just taken it .

Nice gold fish though.

lol thats funny i did the same thing with my dads coat to get that fish lol lived 2 years then he went down the tolet :D

Hey up Marie, my friends mum used to work at the Fiesta, you might know her i think that was in the 70s

Originally posted by Angie v

Hey up Marie, my friends mum used to work at the Fiesta, you might know her i think that was in the 70s

hello angie what was your friends mums name :D

Nutty Norah.

Pond Street Cyril.

SUT coaches to Wednesday away games.

All the old town Pubs,Museum,Nelson,Albert etc.

Violet Mays.

Pippy`s.

Sexy Rexy`s(easy to nick clothes from :lol: )

Great memories,but in all honesty Sheffield was a dump back then.

Hi marie, her name when i knew was christean pickering, but im not sure if she would have been married then

Hi every one, this is showing our ages:blush: I remember going and seeing the church spire in 75-76. We walked down to what was left of the village. My Uncle worked for Taggys ice cream and he used to come when he had finished his rounds and he would give use a freeby can't afford them now lol. I loved Tiffinys spent a lot of happy hours there. Doe's any one remember the Vine at the bottom of the moor just 2 rooms, one with the bar in it and a tiny room with a juke box.

this is so good reading all these but can't beleive no one has mentioned the Buccaneer I lived in that place. Had friends from London who uesed to visit just to go there.

Did loads of my shopping at Chelsea Girl & Pippys

them were the days eh!:D :D :D

I remember the Buccaneer very well! Brilliant for the music and wall to wall totty, but not so good for the warm beer in plastic glasses. It was the place to be seen, even tho it was pitch black inside...

Then there was the slow stagger down to the Wimpy Bar on Fargate with the customary traffic cone on the head...Happy memories!:bday:

what was the name of the cafe on chapel walk ? we all used to go in on a saturday afternoon usually after coming out of the buccaneer at 3 and go in the room down stairs

can anyone remember / 8)

The Sidewalk Cafe. In the 60's often frequented on Saturdays by the likes of Joe Cocker. My big sis used to take me there when mum made her look after me at the weekends. Remember Joe buying me a doll for my birthday.