Who should run for Sheffield's Mayor?

A thread just for suggestions of who should be Mayor of Sheffield. It would not be unrealistic for whoever gets the backing of the Sheffield Forum to romp home. Just names please (and brief resume if we'll never have heard of them). We can do a poll once we have a good list...

I'll start-

Jarvis Cocker

Okay, one celebrity suggestion and you've convinced me to vote no in the referendum.

Okay, one celebrity suggestion and you've convinced me to vote no in the referendum.

Please see above

Please see above

Fair comment. Sorry, I'll leave you to it.

We have a very difficult situation here to follow i.e do you vote yes or no for what would appear in some instances to be an all powerful person !

I think it would make a great deal of difference to folks opinion if we had a list of candidates before we voted.

My choice, well at the moment I honestly don't know. I am going to vote yes, because with an individual in place I read that Sheffield will have a large amount of cash coming it's way.

A good part of that money should be used to get kids into work.

Kids leaving school and facing years on the dole is a TRAGEDY !!

A thread just for suggestions of who should be Mayor of Sheffield. It would not be unrealistic for whoever gets the backing of the Sheffield Forum to romp home. Just names please (and brief resume if we'll never have heard of them). We can do a poll once we have a good list...

Whatever makes you think we could all agree on a politician?

James Birkett, pub supremo. Current owner of The Sheaf View and The Blake Hotel and previous reinventor of The New Barrack Tavern.

James Birkett, pub supremo. Current owner of The Sheaf View and The Blake Hotel and previous reinventor of The New Barrack Tavern.

Of course, anyone who ever worked in Sheffield and chose to leave might then be told that they were never welcome back, not even to visit for an evening.

Edited by Squiggs

Er, why not await the Referendum's outcome? If it decides "No", there'll be no elected Mayor.

Sheffield is a backwater stuck in the 30s.

It's a Labour stronghold because the majority of voters rely on state handouts for their booze, fags and nappies.

Those who have nothing - because it hasn't been given them - detest those who have something - despite or because they got off their backsides to get it.

So, who would make a good mayor?

Who gives a ****? Just keep me in fags, ale and diapers.

So, who would make a good mayor?
Somebody who wants to run a £1.5-billion organisation for £40 grand a year, and get showered with approbrium every day.