Pathetic refereeing

Settled down to watch the Manchester cup tie,and the referee ruins it by sending off Kompany.

What a joke

two foot tackle, a certain sending off what are you moaning about dont you know the rules

Agreed ....Shocking refereeing .

It wasnt 2 footed he took the ball first with his right foot if you watch the replay , and his feet was on the floor, not raised as that would make it dangerous tackle which would have deserved red so the reff was wrong :) .

Edited by RELIABLE

Agreed ....Shocking refereeing .

its still an automatic sending off

I think that two footed tackles are cowards tackles as I believe they're done when the person who's making the tackle is scared of being hurt. There is no control in the tackle, they carry a huge amount of force and as such they are really dangerous, the referee had no choice but to send him off.

just given 2 soft yellow cards to mufc so the ref WILL send a united player off to justify a poor red card after 12 mins

I don't think that it was a dangerous tackle and for that reason I don't think he should have been sent off. Two footed though, so the referee didn't really have a choice.

I wish referees could choose to obey the spirit of the law rather than the letter.

For me it was a sending off, two footed challenges are red card offences.

I don't care whether he got the ball, or made contact. It was a dangerous challenge.

Credit to Man City though, before the sending off and in the second half, they were the better team.

Overall, I think the ref didn't have too bad of a game. Although I think Man City should have had a penalty, and Evra's yellow card should have been his second of the game.

For me it was a sending off, two footed challenges are red card offences.

I don't care whether he got the ball, or made contact. It was a dangerous challenge.

Was it though? I don't think Nani was in any danger at all.

Was it though? I don't think Nani was in any danger at all.

Had he not skipped the challenge, it could have easily broke his ankle.

two foot tackle, a certain sending off what are you moaning about dont you know the rules

It's not a question of knowing the rules,it's about how referees are instructed to apply them.

This was a well timed tackle ,not a lunge or a high tackle.

Dermot Gallagher thought it was harsh, but inevitable in the current climate.

Anybody who has played football can tell the difference between a malicious challenge and a hard challenge.

The physical aspects of football are disappearing from the game,which for me is a shame.

I prefer to see a game of 11 against 11,other than in the most malicious cases.

Man city did well under the circumstances but for me the game was spoiled.

its still an automatic sending off

..... What was that you said about automatic sending off :hihi: