BOX JAMS#1: cosmic disco/real electro/house/acid, Fri 23rd Sept @Harrisons

BOX JAMS #1

FRIDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER

at Harrisons 1854 Bar

(just off West St, to side of Old No.7 Bar)

Backward-thinking space music....

Electronic pre-club/bar session, from deep cosmic disco through proper Hague-style electro, to slow-mo acid trax, italo and house/techno classics from Chicago and the Motor City...vocoder-heavy machine-funk, unearthed disco gems from European visionaries, jacking minimalism, squashed electro-boogie...the future as imagined in basement 303 sessions in Berlin and by 18-year-old black kids in Detroit circa 1983.

The venue is hidden just off the main West St drag, and we'll be keeping the curtains drawn and the lights turned down low. Selection of fine spirits, cocktails and world beers, Absinthe served (sometimes for free), courtyard out back, drapes and visuals in the bar area if we get ourselves in gear

Tax: free all night

Residents Patrick RD & Juliun c90, playing stuff like this:

Clone, Viewlexx, Trax, Tirk, Warp, Creme Organization. Maurice Fulton/Syclops/Boof, Prince, I-F, Der Zyklus, Dopplereffekt, Drexciya, Daniel Wang, Armando, Dexter, Metro Area, Lindstrom, Black Devil Disco Club, Prins Thomas, Jamal Moss/Hieroglyphic Being, L.I.E.S., Kerri Chandler, Karizma, Aux 88, Detroit in Effect, Kraftwerk, International Feel, Planet E, Justus Kohncke, Chicken Lips, Moodymann, Eskimo, Cobblestone Jazz, Crosstown Rebels, DMX Krew, Sonar Kollektiv, Todd Terje, Move D, Anthony Shake Shakir, Kassem Mosse, Cybotron, Mark E, Cajmere/Green Velvet, Delano Smith, Actress, Tiger & Woods, Legowelt, Kompakt, Theo Parrish, Dairmount, Moroder, Efdemin, Autechre, Lory D, Street Sounds, June, John Carpenter, Unit Moebius, Throne of Blood, Mr De', Margaret Dygas, Phuture/Pierre's Pfantasy Club, Dynamix II, Mathematics, Balom Acab, Grace Jones

Cheers, be good to see you - will be down the West End on Saturday for Phono

Thanks for the Warning.Sounds like a great night to stop in.

We're not playing at every venue in Sheffield that night, just one, so there are literally hundreds of other options for people who don't like this kind of music, you don't have to stay in.

Bit of a waste of time posting on events you're not into saying you won't be going, don't you have anything more constructive you could be doing?

Edited by the_wicker

Bad news everyone: although a real asset to a party normally, choogling is staying in polishing his extensive collection of souvenir horsebrasses before spending some quality time re-organising his collection of Jackie annuals (1967-1978 inclusive) into chronological order.

The rest of us will just have to make the best of it.

Bad news everyone: although a real asset to a party normally, choogling is staying in polishing his extensive collection of souvenir horsebrasses before spending some quality time re-organising his collection of Jackie annuals (1967-1978 inclusive) into chronological order.

The rest of us will just have to make the best of it.

On that night we are holding a blues and electric rock night playing from my extensive collection of over 57,000 tracks. The jackie albums are all ready catalogued along with my blue peter and train-spotting weekly collection have a great night.

We're not playing at every venue in Sheffield that night, just one, so there are literally hundreds of other options for people who don't like this kind of music, you don't have to stay in.

Bit of a waste of time posting on events you're not into saying you won't be going, don't you have anything more constructive you could be doing?

The last time i went down town every pub was playing the same old stuff The Black Eyed Peas if i remember rightly was on at least three times every hour.As for wasting time after a hard days work i like to wind up S.F readers.

Fair enough...you're right about the Black Eyed Peas anyway

Tomorrow night people :)

Sorry, the_Wicker, haven't been on in ages, you PMed me about this, but got your message too late. Had I have known in time, then I'd've been well up for it.

So, how was it?