Accident rivelin valley rd

rivelin valley rd was closed this evening for a while i have been told it involved a motorcycle if anyone knows the rider please pm me as i know quite a few of the riders who had been to an event and were ridng back that way as i was ( in car as bike of rd) i havnt been able to contact everyone who we were with yet but please rather than naming on here yet pm me as the family may not want it discussing on open forum

if we dont know the rider then as a biker myself i wish him/her a good recovery and wishes to their family

I'll add my good wished to that too!

John X

ime afraid its bad news R.I.P

Yeah, I've just heard on Hallam FM that the biker died. RIP Biker - another one gone too soon x

according to police website he was involved in a collision with a vehicle pulling out of rails rd as he travelled towards manchester

i have ridden this rd for many years and on many occasions have had cars pull out of this junction it is very difficult to see as you pull out wether anything is travellig from sheffield direction maybe more needs to be done about the layout

my condolences to his family

i have ridden this rd for many years and on many occasions have had cars pull out of this junction it is very difficult to see as you pull out wether anything is travellig from sheffield direction maybe more needs to be done about the layout

The road is 40mph on that stretch which is perfectly good for that junction. Sadly plenty of people ignore the speed limit on Rivelin Valley, including many of the motorcycles last night.

No assumption is made in the above about last night's incident but it looks like somebody got something tragically wrong.

i agree regarding the limits and even though i am a biker myself i saw a few examples of speeding even though it was raining whilst i was on my way home but i wouldnt want to comment at all regarding this particular case as fault could lay either way and you have to also consider whoever was to blame or even if it was purely a tragic accident the driver of the car may also be finding it hard to deal with

Edited by roger

RIP matey :(

The police website says that the driver of the car has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, so please if you have any information on this, give it to the police instead of posting on here because it could affect the case.

RIP matey :(

The police website says that the driver of the car has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, so please if you have any information on this, give it to the police instead of posting on here because it could affect the case.

i agree if anyone did see anything then it is best to contact the police as if it is discussed on open forum it could affect the case itself and upset the family thanks for the pms i have had regarding this tragedy

I pulled up 5-10 minutes after the collision (it was not raining at the time) The ambulance had just arrived and the road was being blocked off by several police cars, It did indeed look rather bleak for the biker.

As for that junction when coming from either direction to pull out you have at least 1-200 meters of free view coming from Rivelin towards Manchester to see any vehicles coming, Whom ever pulled out was not paying attention. I hope he/she died quickly to ease any suffering, Lots of bikes out last night due to another excellent car show at HOPE.

RIP.