Where can I buy medium oatmeal?

Does anyone know where I can buy some medium oatmeal to make some parkin?

I went to Sainsbury's where I've bought it in the past but I couldn't find any - and they didn't have any parkin either! I'm feeling deprived!

Sainsburys, morrisons, or Holland and barret crystal peaks

Thanks for that.

None in Sainsbury's Archer Road and Crystal Peaks is a bit out of the way for me, but I'll try Holland and Barrett in Sheffield centre.

Does anyone know where I can buy some medium oatmeal to make some parkin?

I went to Sainsbury's where I've bought it in the past but I couldn't find any - and they didn't have any parkin either! I'm feeling deprived!

I don't know, but can you put up the recipie please I love parkin.

This is the recipe for parkin as given to me by my Mother-In-Law. It was her mother's recipe, so it's quite old.

1 egg + a little milk

½ cup of sugar

1 cup flour

1 cup medium oatmeal

2oz butter

¾ cup Golden syrup

2 teasps baking powder

2 teasps ginger

Rub the butter into the dry ingredients. Heat the syrup till runny then add to the mixture. Beat in the egg and milk. Add more syrup for stickier parkin.

Pour into a greased tin and bake for 1 hour Reg 3 / 170°C

It gets stickier if you leave it in an airtight tin for a few days - if you can wait that long!

I have looked in tesco and morrisons no luck, you can make your own by putting porrige oats in a blender for a few secs.

This is the recipe for parkin as given to me by my Mother-In-Law. It was her mother's recipe, so it's quite old.

1 egg + a little milk

½ cup of sugar

1 cup flour

1 cup medium oatmeal

2oz butter

¾ cup Golden syrup

2 teasps baking powder

2 teasps ginger

Rub the butter into the dry ingredients. Heat the syrup till runny then add to the mixture. Beat in the egg and milk. Add more syrup for stickier parkin.

It gets stickier if you leave it in an airtight tin for a few days - if you can wait that long!

Thanks, it sound gorgeous.

Your best bet is a wholefood shop like Beanie's on the road up to Walkley, Just Natural in Crookes or the one in town near the winter gardens - can't remember the name but if you walk from Fargate as if you were going to the library, with the winter gardens on your right, it's just on the left there.

If you have a blender stick some ordinary oatmeal in it and blend until it is smaller. You can also do this with granulated sugar to make caster sugar.

1 egg + a little milk

½ cup of sugar

1 cup flour

1 cup medium oatmeal

2oz butter

¾ cup Golden syrup

2 teasps baking powder

2 teasps ginger

I'm going to try this recipe. My own recipe has black treacle in and I don't have any other use for black treacle so I don't make parkin anymore.

Have you thought about putting it on the foodies thread? :)

I think Waitrose sells it too