Sheffield Forum
Your message here

The Homeless man that lives in Encliffe Park

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

05-11-2010, 12:37   #1
maryjane

Total Posts: 2,052
Anyone know the story? see him there many/most days, must be freezing now, only a youngish man, says the park is his home.....
_______
never compare yourself to others, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
05-11-2010, 13:21   #2
ShotoKarate

Total Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
Anyone know the story? see him there many/most days, must be freezing now, only a youngish man, says the park is his home.....
Nice chatty fella when you get on a good day ..... likes his music and his bike. Unfortunately an alcholic. I often see him really out of it! Gets some serious abuse from a lot of kids in the park.

I wonder if he's from Barnsley as his accent seems very similar to where I work .....
05-11-2010, 13:23   #3
Pelican

Total Posts: 26
His name is Craig - comes from North of Sheffield. I think there's been a few other threads about him.
05-11-2010, 13:28   #4
gavme

Total Posts: 65
Is he the same guy that used to live on the roundabout at Hunters Bar?
05-11-2010, 13:39   #5
nickycheese

Total Posts: 422
Some info here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10301086970
05-11-2010, 13:54   #6
OOmpa

Total Posts: 1,697
How disgusting that someone has opened a facebook account on behalf of a tramp who probably knows nothing about it. Is there no privacy anymore
05-11-2010, 14:10   #7
Treatment
Account Closed

Total Posts: 7,066
Poor bloke.
05-11-2010, 15:03   #8
Bulgarian

Total Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotoKarate View Post
Nice chatty fella when you get on a good day ..... likes his music and his bike
he sounds delightfull, I must invite him for dinner.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotoKarate View Post
Unfortunately an alcholic. I often see him really out of it!
oh, perhaps not then.
05-11-2010, 16:30   #9
ellielambert

Total Posts: 368
Oompa, if you actually took the time to look at the facebook link you would see that it's an appreciation society for the tramps around Hunters Bar and it specifically says that it is in celebration of Craig and co.

I've chatted to Craig a couple of times and gave him an old pillow once; he was very friendly and appreciative. He really is a good guy rather than 'spare 10p for the bus' girl etc. He also hangs out around Hillsborough sometimes too.
05-11-2010, 16:36   #10
OOmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellielambert View Post
Oompa, if you actually took the time to look at the facebook link you would see that it's an appreciation society for the tramps around Hunters Bar and it specifically says that it is in celebration of Craig and co.

I've chatted to Craig a couple of times and gave him an old pillow once; he was very friendly and appreciative. He really is a good guy rather than 'spare 10p for the bus' girl etc. He also hangs out around Hillsborough sometimes too.
Oh don't worry I've had a look and think its very sad that the tramps have no control or have even agreed to the group being about them even if it is an appreciation society There are photos etc on there, have the tramps given there agreement for them to be on Facebook, I hardly think so. Its an invasion of privacy!
05-11-2010, 16:42   #11
wodger

Total Posts: 428
Some nutters out there, .........Yes I guess there is. But there are many more nutters that live around us. This guy is harmless and may I say pretty well educated. If he is happy with the way he is or maybe with a point he is making then good on him so to speak, Yes he is polite and yes he has been given abuse. But this is society today, We condemn before we have facts. I was hoping to catch him the other day, You can have a good chat with him. But I wanted to invite him over for a couple of days over x-mas. Hope I see him but if not hope someone will tell im to give Tony a ring. He will know. Let us think for a while that we may soon hit hard times. Maybe we may hit the alcohol to drown our problems. Many people out there do not have the strength or support that many of us have. Many do not have a family to help. Many are from abused families. I hate scum bag druggies and shop lifters, Even those that beg and make people feel uneasy ( In town ). But again I think that many of us are intelligent enough to be able to tell the difference between the scum and the genuine down and outs.
05-11-2010, 16:45   #12
wodger

Total Posts: 428
I agree with you OOmpa and I am taking this up with facebook.
05-11-2010, 16:47   #13
OOmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodger View Post
Thank you for that, it seems there are not many of us left to speak up for these people!
05-11-2010, 16:58   #14
Treatment
Account Closed

Total Posts: 7,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodger View Post
Good lad !!
05-11-2010, 17:22   #15
hamatik

Total Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOmpa View Post
Oh don't worry I've had a look and think its very sad that the tramps have no control or have even agreed to the group being about them even if it is an appreciation society There are photos etc on there, have the tramps given there agreement for them to be on Facebook, I hardly think so. Its an invasion of privacy!
Defo agree. It's clearly a sarcastic mocking of individual(s) a lot less fortunate than most of us.

Plus why the hell do you think a 'tramp' needs your appreciation?! How about spending some time talking to them or helping them get something to eat instead of writing a childish Facebook profile about them?

Ridiculous...
05-11-2010, 17:26   #16
maryjane

Total Posts: 2,052
I did do a search and couldnt find anything on him, have only recently started dog walking now puppy is old enough and her legs are better.... never heard anyone mention him, so he`s quite harmless then? thanks for all the info on him!!
_______
never compare yourself to others, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
05-11-2010, 17:31   #17
Zinedine

Total Posts: 117
So you can set up a fan page for lets say 'Tom Cruise' but not someone who isn't in the public eye?

It's plain to see this isn't a page mocking them, take off the 'Moral spectacles'
_______
Blades made of Sheffield Steel
05-11-2010, 17:34   #18
hamatik

Total Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinedine View Post
So you can set up a fan page for lets say 'Tom Cruise' but not someone who isn't in the public eye?

It's plain to see this isn't a page mocking them, take off the 'Moral spectacles'
What?! I haven't set up any fan pages for Tom Cruise so that justification is irrelevant...
05-11-2010, 17:35   #19
beansforyou
Warped

Total Posts: 5,654
How do people know that the 'Tramps' aren't aware and haven't given their consent to the page (if they even cared)?

Or are you just making assumptions about these 'unfortunates'

How patronising.
05-11-2010, 17:36   #20
OOmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinedine View Post

It's not a question of whether its mocking or not its disrespectful and an invasion of privacy as I've already stated.
Reply To Topic