Missing black and white cat S20 West Mosborough

Our cat Bette hasn't been seen since we went on holiday a week ago. The cat sitter hasn't seen her whilst we've been away.

She's quite small with short fur and irregular black and white colouring (like a lot of other cats around the area of Cadman and Chapel Street including Molly who I guess is still missing).

She is microchipped and has a red collar on with a pink cap flap opener on it. Bette is feisty and friendly and wouldn't necessarily avoid strangers.

I'd be grateful if you could have a look for her if you are in the area around Tony's Chip Shop. We plan to put some flyers around tonight.

thanks

Molly is still missing i'm afraid. Hope someone spots her for you.

Sorry to hear it. I've put a little poster up about Bette near the hair salon on Cadman Street and we put leaflets through doors locally. Fingers crossed. I'm being quite positive and matter of fact about it for the sake of our children who are quite young but inside I'm devastated - I know that sounds silly but it is quite amazing how attached we get to our pets. We love Bette.

I hope you find her

Give the rspca a call as sometimes people hand them in there, also local vets and even spring street. Certainly call the local cat charities - maybe someone has reported her to them?

Good luck - its always very upsetting - its scarey every time they go out of the door isn't it.

Thanks we'll do that. We took the tag that has our phone number off her collar a while ago when we got the electronic cat flap fitted - she couldn't cope with the weight of the opener and the tag around her neck.

Sorry to hear that your cats has gone missing. I am from this area and walk my dog regular so I will keep a look out for both cats. Good luck x

Thank you for this. Street Force have confirmed no cats (or their remains I guess) that fit her description have been picked up in the area. Cat Shelter and RSPCA have confirmed that no pets fitting her description have been handed in. Elaine at the Cat Shelter sent a very useful leaflet about finding missing pets - includes recommendation to call police and fire stations within 10 mile radius - something I hadn't thought of doing.

Right - forget the fire station and police thing - both have said they take animals to the RSPCA

Bette's Back! Just got in from evening out and she's sitting next to baby sitter on sofa. A bit hungry but not ravenous and certainly doesn't seem the worse for wear.

Thank you to kind neighbours who've kept an eye out for her and people on the forum for your concern. I reckon the little minx has been on holiday but isn't saying where.

I hope guitarlad has some good news soon.

Sorry I don't know how to change title of thread to say BACK HOME.

Brilliant news JanP!!! Really pleased for you xx