Ironing shop, would you use it?

Just wondering if anyone out there would bother to take their ironing to a local 'shop' to get it done, rather like a dry cleaners? I love ironing and could do it all day ( Yes i'm weird!).

I'd love to do something like this as a business, and would also offer a pick up and drop off service, but would a 'shop' setting work? All opinions welcome, thanks!

Would you be able to get enough ironing to cover the overheads of a shop considering if you did it from home you would have much less overheads to consider? That's what you should be asking yourself first and foremost. You'd need a heck of a lot more ironing to make it profitable if doing it from a shop.

to be honest with you i would not bother taking it t a shop but if someone was willing to come pick up and drop off for a reasonable price then i would certainly use the sevice as ironing is something that i hate ,m i am one of the lazy ones who will iron what we need as and when we need it

I can't iron (it's just too much of a two armed job- I'm right handed and my right arm doesn't work) and I'm afraid that I've now got out of the habit of having things ironed so I probably wouldn't use any sort of ironing service these days, unless I had something special I needed to be particularly crease free for.

When I was working I had an arrangement with one of my neighbours that she did a basket of ironing for me every week for a fiver and that was a win win for both of us, but I don't know that I'd get into the car and drive my laundry elsewhere.

Spooky! About an hour ago I was talking with a colleague and telling him I wish I could find someone to do my ironing!

I'd deffo be interested, but I agree with the 2 posts above - work from home, and offer a pick up and drop off service.

There is already someone who does this in Sheffield and areas

My 13yr old neice does my ironing for a fiver, takes here about an hour or less. Not every week, just when she needs pocket money!

There is already someone who does this in Sheffield and areas

Lol I'm sure that person can't do ALL the ironing in Sheffield!

Plenty of room for someone else to set up.

I'm in S10 and I know of no-one in the area - a flyer that really stood out from the rest of the usual daily junk menus/manifestos might catch my attention (I tend to sift my post out of the junk!) , or an advert in the local newsagents windows.

You are right .with all these people in Sheffield etc .there should be enough work for a full team.personally i hate ironing UGH!

Just wondering if anyone out there would bother to take their ironing to a local 'shop' to get it done, rather like a dry cleaners? I love ironing and could do it all day ( Yes i'm weird!).

I'd love to do something like this as a business, and would also offer a pick up and drop off service, but would a 'shop' setting work? All opinions welcome, thanks!

We'd use the help of an ironing shop in sheffield as long as it was pretty local to us. Mainly for shirts and trousers that are needed for work.

The only ironing shop we know of though is at the wrong end of Sheffield in Totley where as we need something close to Waterthorpe, perhaps at mosborough, or possibly halfway / killamarsh area.

Thinking about it, we would probably use a collection service if available as long as the business could collect our clothes after office hours when we are at home, or even on a weekend.

It wouldn't have to be a shop, just a local business service so we don't have to iron as much ourselves.

Clangeroo - is the waterthorpe area in your local collection area?

Would you be able to get enough ironing to cover the overheads of a shop considering if you did it from home you would have much less overheads to consider? That's what you should be asking yourself first and foremost. You'd need a heck of a lot more ironing to make it profitable if doing it from a shop.

I am sure there used to be one in Totley but I do not think it is there anymore?

I am sure there used to be one in Totley

Thats what i thought, but as in my previous post based in totley it's at the wrong end (or should i say side) of Sheffield for us.

I am not aware of any Ironing shops in south sheffield in or around crystal peaks etc that cater for clients in this local area.