Sheffield transport festival graves park

is this going on this year? ive heard on a few forums its not

hope its on i go every year with sheffcruise

Thats a shame,i noramally show there each year,gess i will have to find another local one.

Juyst heard back from Transtar

Hi Richard

No there will not be a Sheffield Festival of Transport this year - Sheffield City Council who we worked with on this event had decided not to carry on with the event.

Sorry for any disappointment.

Regards

Linda Price

Transtar Promotions

I can feel an email coming on to Sheffield Council :rant:

From the council :mad:

Unfortunately the Sheffield Festival of Transport will not be taking place this year, this is not to say that it won't happen again, it may, dependant on the overall program of events in parks. This year has been a problem because we have an international climbing event the weekend after the available transport show date, and it was just not possible to run both events so close together at what is the busiest time of year for events in park (over 450 events throughout the summer in Sheffield Parks).

If you are a visitor or exhibitor at the event, then I am very sorry for disappointment this may have caused you. We are all very disappointed that it has turned out this way as we have been organising the event with the help of Transtar since it began. Hopefully we will be in a position to resurrect the event in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards

Then it finished off with

Sheffield - Where Everyone Matters

I must say that I am not happy that such a popular event being put to one side for some international climbers.

lets organise our own!

i agree. how hard can it be haha

This event is CANCELLED and was cancelled by the propmotors in november of last year.

There is the chatsworth bus gathering on the 13th June , the buses are parked at Chatsworth house , but some of them are used on free local services around the area - including Bakewell.

The Meadowhall transport rally will be held in September