Help with linux operating system please

can ant 1 help plezz av being try to download flash play 10 on my laptop eee pc just can not do it av been try ing far days many thxs john

What distribution do you have, Demian, Ubuntu?

Yes, which version of Linux are you using? Try to be as clear as you can, otherwise no one can help. If you're using Ubuntu for example, you'll need to add an extra software source (AKA a repository) called Medibuntu, then you'll be able to use the Synaptic package manager and install it there. It's very easy, so please let us know your details.

linux version is ubuntu laptop is the eee pc 900 when i try to install flash player 10 i get an error message saying the associated helper could not be found please change your preferences or something to that effect and then thats what i carnt do so if any i can help plzz john

Are you drunk? Why are you typing nonsense?

Anyway - try installing flash via Add/Remove rather than from the Adobe site.

Not sure why people keep having a go at this guy but it's very rude.

Madhatter did you download the .deb file from the adobe site? If so it needs to be opened with Gdebi package installer.

The other option would be the synaptic package manager and search for flash. I'm not on my Ubuntu build at the moment so can't remember the exact file you want.

Not sure why people keep having a go at this guy but it's very rude.

if he had posted his first message in english then maybe he would have got a better response.

I always use what I call the simple method no matter what OS or Browser i'm using.

Open appropriate browser, navigate to youtube.com, when it says that you ain't got it installed, click link to adobe, choose right package for your system, follow standard install proceedure.

Make sure you have JS allowed in browser.

if he had posted his first message in english then maybe he would have got a better response.

Sentences start with a capital letter by the way.;) Maybe the poster is dyslexic or has learning difficulties.

Maybe the poster is dyslexic or has learning difficulties.

Far more likely to be lazy. I know several people who are dyslexic or have learning difficulties who accept that they need to take a little more time over their posts in order to get helpful responses. Normally you can't tell from their posts that they have problems with writing them.