Theft in ponds forge.

Went to ponds forge today & a man had his locker broken into & the thieving scrotes took £55 out of his wallet.They must have took the tackle to do it because there is no way you can do it with your hands only.I hope their fingers drop off.

My Son had his phone stolen from his locker but they left his bag etc and it was still locked when he got back to it!!! We called the police and he gave statement to security etc, we are waiting to see the outcome, the phone was £120, so with my insurance being £100 excess, not really much point in claiming from that, but waiting to hear what Ponds forge says when they call me back tomorrow, the manageress was lovely and really apologetic and going to look into this further for us- really dubious about letting my son go any more though, he is 12 (nearly 13) so dont really like him going anywhere without his phone - swimming was the only place they were allowed to go on their own, :rant::( straight on the tram and straight back, but now thats ruined with the theiving scum bags out there!!! What are you supposed to do for the best???

My Son had his phone stolen from his locker but they left his bag etc and it was still locked when he got back to it!!! We called the police and he gave statement to security etc, we are waiting to see the outcome, the phone was £120, so with my insurance being £100 excess, not really much point in claiming from that, but waiting to hear what Ponds forge says when they call me back tomorrow, the manageress was lovely and really apologetic and going to look into this further for us- really dubious about letting my son go any more though, he is 12 (nearly 13) so dont really like him going anywhere without his phone - swimming was the only place they were allowed to go on their own, :rant::( straight on the tram and straight back, but now thats ruined with the theiving scum bags out there!!! What are you supposed to do for the best???

Can you be sure that he didn't lose it before he locked his locker ? It's a possibility that he lost it and was too frightened/ ashamed to admit to it and then claimed it had been stolen ? If the locker was locked after the theft it sounds as though someone with a key is responsible.

Can you be sure that he didn't lose it before he locked his locker ? It's a possibility that he lost it and was too frightened/ ashamed to admit to it and then claimed it had been stolen ? If the locker was locked after the theft it sounds as though someone with a key is responsible.

I found a locker key at Butlins last week in the baths and took it back to reception, i made sure i got a receipt though incase it had been broken into or something had gone missng.

dont ever leave anything of value in lockers at Sheffield International Venues sites, my locker got broken into in hillsborough, took everything, my mobile, clothes and wallet, car keys, cost me £500 + to get it all replaced and locks changed on my car. reported it to the police, and spoke to the manager at hillsborough who said he would look on the CCTV camera's, excuse given was the computers went down at head office (ponds forge) and lost all the CCTV footage. what a Coincidence. the only compensation they offered me was a free drink. i just think its scary that the CCTtv does not work and its a heaven for pedofiles, and its not just a one off, my friend works for south yorkshire police and apparently they have waves of locker break ins and the CCTV is never working at the time!

dont ever leave anything of value in lockers at Sheffield International Venues sites, my locker got broken into in hillsborough, took everything, my mobile, clothes and wallet, car keys, cost me £500 + to get it all replaced and locks changed on my car. reported it to the police, and spoke to the manager at hillsborough who said he would look on the CCTV camera's, excuse given was the computers went down at head office (ponds forge) and lost all the CCTV footage. what a Coincidence. the only compensation they offered me was a free drink. i just think its scary that the CCTtv does not work and its a heaven for pedofiles, and its not just a one off, my friend works for south yorkshire police and apparently they have waves of locker break ins and the CCTV is never working at the time!

sounds like an inside job then, why was the guy carrying that much in his wallet anyway!! thats why as a rule i never carry more then a tenner.

sounds like an inside job then, why was the guy carrying that much in his wallet anyway!! thats why as a rule i never carry more then a tenner.

:huh: why shouldn't the bloke carry "that much in his wallet"? So now it's his fault for carrying too much money around. If there wasn't such thieving scumbags around...... blame the thief not the victim

My other half had his laptop stolen from there while he was working. Place is full of theiving asshats.

:huh: why shouldn't the bloke carry "that much in his wallet"? So now it's his fault for carrying too much money around. If there wasn't such thieving scumbags around...... blame the thief not the victim

you see now your twisting what I said, I simply wondered why he would need to carry that much round while swimming or whatever he was doing, I do blame the theif, was just saying

its wasn't in my wallet, just the price of replacing car locks (£100), mobile (£200) and clothes (£200+). and trainers, new gym bag etc

I am quite sure, I am not one of those Mothers who would say 'my son would never do that', but in this instance, I know he was telling the truth, he was very keen for me to call the police and I know that had he been trying to cover something up, he would have said something like 'or maybe I lost it first, I cant remember'. Still not heard back from Ponds forge yet though :(