Whats &amp mean?

I see a lot of posts (specially the 'for sale) section that are describing an object and '&amp' is in the discription, Im presuming its some kind of filter thats gone wrong, but whats it supposed to say?

Could be the for sale screwed. In HTML & (ampersand, amp, semi-colon) is the code for an ampersand.

no its in discriptions such as these i copied and pasted ....

3 seater with 2 matching chairs, cloth upholstry, modern type, beige with orange & brown design only had approx 12 months

Pedestal Dining Table & 6 chairs

Kingsize slumberdown 15 tog goose feather & down duvet

any ideas?

no its in discriptions such as these i copied and pasted ....

3 seater with 2 matching chairs, cloth upholstry, modern type, beige with orange & brown design only had approx 12 months

Pedestal Dining Table & 6 chairs

Kingsize slumberdown 15 tog goose feather & down duvet

any ideas?

Looks to me like it should just be & or and.

Orange and brown

Table and 6 chairs

Feather and down

As probedb said. The ampersand, or &, is a special symbol in HTML. If you want to display it you have to put &. Some forum software automatically does this for you so you can type & and it replaces it with &. Some doesn't and if you want an & you have to type & yourself. It looks like someone's typed it when they don't need to.

i notice this on one of my adds ones when i was saying what size something was

ie its 6 inch long .... it seemed to replace the " that i put after the 6

I see a lot of posts (specially the 'for sale) section that are describing an object and '&amp' is in the discription, Im presuming its some kind of filter thats gone wrong, but whats it supposed to say?

An amp is a unit of measurment that an electrical appliance uses and is from OHM's law.

Most items are sold and described in Watts, for example a 3 Kw fire will use 12.5amps in one hour.

You pay your electricy bill in Kilowatt hours, that is the amount of energy you use.

Amp is an abrievation of Ampere. Watts (Which most domestic appliances are sold as)

Amps are calculated as follows, Amps = The Watts of your item of equipment divided by your domestic supply voltage.

So the amps for an 850 watt device will be 850 divided by 240v = 3.54amps.

An amp is a unit of measurment that an electrical appliance uses and is from OHM's law.

Most items are sold and described in Watts, for example a 3 Kw fire will use 12.5amps in one hour.

You pay your electricy bill in Kilowatt hours, that is the amount of energy you use.

Amp is an abrievation of Ampere. Watts (Which most domestic appliances are sold as)

Amps are calculated as follows, Amps = The Watts of your item of equipment divided by your domestic supply voltage.

So the amps for an 850 watt device will be 850 divided by 240v = 3.54amps.

can i have a glass of whatever your drinking please

can i have a glass of whatever your drinking please

He is spot on right, but wrong. :D

It is this....... & .......as people say in HTML.

Edited by Grahame

He is spot on right, but wrong. :D

talk about wrong end of the stick :hihi:

but nice to try and help :)

The ascii has been converted to html and the html has been converted again... so in reality in the code it would be &

Understood!

Edited by Idler