Poll Sheffield Mayfest Entrance Payments

Should there be an Entrance Fee for Mayfest  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an Entrance Fee for Mayfest

• Yes
    • No

I would like to ask the Guys & Galls " should we pay an entrance fee for the Sheffield Mayfest when other venues do not charge. Recent shows "Graves Park Highland Show, Norfolk Park, ( I know it is not in Sheffield,) but Rotherham Show.

What are we actually paying for, Is'nt it time now to to have free entrance, maybe a small fee for car parking

There should be a fee, it keeps all the scutters away.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by scubatony61

What are we actually paying for,

Isn't that blinkin' obvious once you get inside?

We shouldn’t have to pay a fee to get in a public park which we already pay for

I have not heard of this where is it?

What bands are on?

Are there bands on?

How much is the enrance charge?

Is it still running as it is now June?

Is it as good as the Dev Jam '05 ?

Originally posted by ROBERT

We shouldn’t have to pay a fee to get in a public park which we already pay for

But you don't already pay for all the activities that were on at Mayfest - music, entertainments arena, stalls, fairground. It was an excllent afternoon out, and it didn't organsie itslef. And as the Council has decided not to bother organising things like this themselves, how do you think it would get paid for othwerwise?

If you want to get in for free everyday - don't expect anyone to put anything like Mayfest on ever again.

I always complain at having to pay to get in but once inside, it's pretty good value really. We saw some good music, my kids got to meet some of their favourite bands (and were given CD's etc for nothing), we watched the circus, did craft activities, won a sandcastle building competition, were entertained by all manner of people and animals and had a really lovely day out.

Would you get all that at a free event? I'm not so sure.

Originally posted by MrHelicopter

And as the Council has decided not to bother organising things like this themselves, how do you think it would get paid for othwerwise?

If you want to get in for free everyday - don't expect anyone to put anything like Mayfest on ever again.

The devonshire Jam was totally free. Everyone played voluntarily.

Nobody has said where this mayfest is yet. Is it now finished?

It was last weekend in Hillsborough Park ....... Sunday and Monday

i agree with scubatony,

i have lived in sheffield all my life and think that it is disgraceful that i should have to pay to get into park that i have paid to upkeep for 34 years.

itrs the same when there is a music festival in the park, they block it off and even put large fence up so no-one can see in from outside,

i bet the local councellors don,t have to pay to get in

yes but even when bands play for free there is loads of other stuff to pay for... marquees, toilets, security, insurance, stages, promotion, to name only a few.. an event like that occurs serious costs and any money that is made (i can't speak for the organisers) probably goes back into the event enableing the organisers to offer even more the following year.

however, this is seemingly a council run event so if there is any money made once all the invoices have been paid, it would be intresting to know how it is used.

any ideas?

Originally posted by onedizzybird

yes but even when bands play for free there is loads of other stuff to pay for... marquees, toilets, security, insurance, stages, promotion, to name only a few.. an event like that occurs serious costs and any money that is made any ideas?

It's just greed and greedy promoters.

All of that was free at Dev Jam '05