Is it safe to defrost a pork chop in the microwave?

Having never defrosted meat in a mocrowave I'm a bit worried. I fancy yorky puds, roast potatoes and veggies. I have no meat defrosted, just sausages in the fridge, and really didn't fancy toad in the hole.

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to defrost it in the microwave then stick in the oven to cook? I don't want food poisoning!

Yes, you can. Just follow the instructions for your microwave and cook it immediately. I've had microwave defrosted pork chops and survived quite well!

Yes, you can. Just follow the instructions for your microwave and cook it immediately. I've had microwave defrosted pork chops and survived quite well!

Cheers Dozy!

I wouldnt even bother defrosting it relost, a pork chop should cook fine from frozien in a hot oven, for an extra few minutes

I wouldnt even bother defrosting it relost, a pork chop should cook fine from frozien in a hot oven, for an extra few minutes

Really? See that's what I would do, but I notice meat packaging usually sayd defrost thoroughly before cooking.

Having said that there are frozen things you can buy with meat in that can be heated from frozen....

Hmmmmm, Pork.

Just had me a stunning bit of belly pork with some cracking crackling on top.

Ungreatful kids wouldnt bloody touch it though cos it looked 'like a great big scab':roll:.

I always think better safe than sorry when it comes to pork! Popping it in the microwave for a few minutes isn't exactly hard work, and you can be sure the chop will be thoroughly cooked.

Dearie me, all this talk of pork, I now fancy a bacon sarnie - I hope I've got some bacon in!

Hmmmmm, Pork.

Just had me a stunning bit of belly pork with some cracking crackling on top.

Ungreatful kids wouldnt bloody touch it though cos it looked 'like a great big scab':roll:.

Stop moaning - it meant all the more for you! :hihi:

Never cook a pork chop from frozen. I dont even like to defrost it in a microwave, as it seems to defrost it in "patches" if you know what I mean. Needs a long defrost overnight if possible. If pork is defrosted too quickly, then cooked, its the surest way to get food poisoning.

I always think better safe than sorry when it comes to pork! Popping it in the microwave for a few minutes isn't exactly hard work, and you can be sure the chop will be thoroughly cooked.

Dearie me, all this talk of pork, I now fancy a bacon sarnie - I hope I've got some bacon in!

Partly agree Doze, but pork aint what it used to be, full of worms and bacteria, defrosting in a microwave is hit and miss too and can leave it rubbery if not done reet!

Really? See that's what I would do, but I notice meat packaging usually sayd defrost thoroughly before cooking.

Having said that there are frozen things you can buy with meat in that can be heated from frozen....

Fine to do it with a piece of meat the size of a chop, but wouldnt do it with a joint or whole chickent, relost. :)

Stop moaning - it meant all the more for you! :hihi:

Ok, ok. So you saw right through my dissapoionted parent routine.

:hihi: