Broomhall - opinions?

i wouldn't let my daughters walk up there alone after dark....does that help!

See for yourself - go with friends , at different times of the day/evening. Broomhall is quite big, so you're likely to get misleading answers to a general question.

if you want to pm me with the street name, but generally no i really wouldn't want any of my kids down there, i grew up not far from there and work in that area with young girls

Have you not seen the house at all, then?

feeling a bit guilty that i made such a sweeping statement, i stand by what i said but there are good points about the area, some of the buildings in the area are stunning, beautiful houses large and small, the people on a whole are very friendly with a strong community, the shop keepers are again friendly, close to the city centre and goods shopping areas of course. depends on what you are looking for i guess

Ecclesall Road South is Ecclesall, Ecclesall Road nearer Town runs through Broomhall.

no ecclesall road runs from the city centre to ecclesall and is a very long road taking in different areas, it gets better the further you move away from the city centre, the area you are looking at is right at the bottom.

you could have similar problems to broomhall where ever you live. If its a student house it is not on the actual estate part that i would be wary of walking around after dark. But other parts are accessible from eccy rd. I have had students work for me and live there with no problems. It is a very mixed economic area from council houses to 850k detached homes!